1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What tournaments are you playing this summer?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by jacu, Mar 23, 2019.

1. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been an insane last 6 months or so with work. Last time I played a hand of poker I busted 8th in a $570 in November for $11k. I'll be out there from June 2-6th, almost the same dates as Basil. I'm super rusty, though. I'm thinking about playing the $1000 WSOP super turbo on June 4th but I haven't decided yet. Probably not good value since I'm super rusty. I'll probably just stick with some smaller events and play for fun. I just haven't had time for poker. :cry:

2. jacu

jacu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think a turbo actually works out in your favor if you're rusty... less time for the pros to wear you down. Maybe just do a quick review of shove/fold charts on the plane before. I'll be there 2-6th as well, may play it.

3. Da Arsonist

Da Arsonist Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be in Vegas June 2nd thru 6th; Gonna head out with the wife. Wanted to play the Deepstack bracelet even on the 3rd but being as I am only there for such a short trip and its the first trip for us without our first child I dont want to spend 2 days at the Rio while my wife is at Palazzo. Think I will play the the Wynn 550 100K guarantee on the 5th instead, just want to get some poker action while I'm out there.

4. Mistaspakles

Mistaspakles Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By my calcs, Day 1 on Sunday should end at about 10:35p. I'd be down for a drink.

5. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden Nugget is also running a pretty nice 300k guarantee 200 NL at the end of the month 30,31, and the 1st. Will be winning that as well as the big 50 and go from there with no set schedule...

6. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played this game last year and it's a shove fest! Great fun if you bring a wad big enough to weather a bad river(or two). There was always at least one maybe two action junkies popping everything preflop and flop...there were several 400-600 pots. I bought in for 400 and left with 1.1k after 45 minutes so maybe that gives you a idea of the action...

Football and poker
  7. RoyalNets

RoyalNets Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I´ll probably play some of the smaller buy-in tournaments but don´t know which. I'll be in town from 6/13 to 6/25 and most of the time will be spent playing long cash game sessions and drinking IPAs. So add that to 10 hour time difference from home and my sleep schedule is always non-existent in Vegas.

I have turned 50 earlier this year and tempted to play at least one senior event just to see what it´s like. There seems to be plenty of choices to do that. Being an alcoholic and recreational player I will most likely avoid Rio because of the long lines and not so efficient drink service. But let´s see, my own prediction for number of tournaments played is 2-5.

8. EnglishGent

EnglishGent Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Playing in the WSOP Main Flight 1b. Gonna fire a 2nd bullet in 1c if it all goes t*ts up with a bad beat. After that Daily deepstacks and a couple of lower buy-in WSOP Tourneys. At the Rio for just over 2 weeks.

9. Stillsober

Stillsober Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DF21A604-838E-4258-AB75-7F34CBC4DD54.jpeg
    This is how I finished the Big 50. 755 out of 9130 on day 1d. Ran good, got lucky twice on all ins and lost 16 BB’s AK vs KQ. I had a pro name Pat Lyons to my direct left the first day and he abused me a little, but not too bad. I bagged 158k first night and ran it up to a peak of 470k.
    Played some $2-5 at Bellagio and $1-3 at Rio. There is some great games in town, going back 6/30-7/3 and will be mostly playing at the Wynn on that trip.

10. Stillsober

Stillsober Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played in a local tournament this weekend to see if the run good continues, and the answer was yes. I took down the $65 single entry no rebuy for $475 and an entry into next months $30k guaranteed. Sweet!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jacu

jacu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can’t re enter the main event

12. EnglishGent

EnglishGent Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That makes life and bankroll simpler :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Poker and Hot Dogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will only be in LV for 3 days / 2 nights in a couple weeks... Will only get to play in 1 tournament on the only full day I am there, so I decided I would do either the Wynn single-day / $1100 buy in / $250k GTD (thinking I could run into ol' Boski in that tournament too) or else the $1100 big bounty at PH ($500 of the entry is bounty chip but has no guarateed prize pool).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TuscaloosaJohnny

TuscaloosaJohnny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need some message board run good today. Coming back for Day 2 of the $800 8-handed at WSOP with 10BB.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  15. gebruiker

gebruiker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck !!

omg twice in 30 days
  16. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 BB is enough to turn it around, stay focused! The guy who won the Main Event in 2012 (Greg Merson) had 3 BB's going into day 2... you can do it with 10 easily!

17. EnglishGent

EnglishGent Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Just choose your spot/s to shove carefully.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Updates??????

Tags: