1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What to do with luggage when Bell desk is closed?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by GOLFCADDY1, Jan 12, 2021.

1. GOLFCADDY1

GOLFCADDY1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of the blue I read covid restrictions at Four Queens website. Their bell desk is closed. What have any of you done with luggage if you can not check in early at your hotel if bell desk is closed? Take it ez. GOLFCADDY1 :cheers:

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would ask the front desk, they should have a solution. Call before you get there to find out. No sense in being "surprised".

Slot tournament at Venetian, then on to Cosmopolitan
    Cosmopolitan . . .time to try them out.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How "early" are expecting to arrive?

4. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worst case, you could check it at another property, but of course youd have to go pick it up yourself. At least downtown that's probably less inconvenient than it would be on the strip. I cant think of anything else to do with it other than rent a car and throw it in the trunk, or wander around with your luggage in tote for however long until your room is ready.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I arrived at California a million years ago at an hour the bell desk was closed and they held my bag at the check in counter

6. GOLFCADDY1

GOLFCADDY1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. I get in at 9 am on a Sunday in Feb. The front desk clerk at Four Queens did say if a room was open they would allow an early check in but it depends on the situation. Have a good day. GOLFCADDY1

7. steveks225

steveks225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having been in the same situation a few times at the Four Queens as the poster, it’s not as unusual as you would think. I have flown in from the Midwest and have arrived there well before noon, and wanted to start playing. The last time I stayed there and had to use the bell desk was the day about a year ago the last week in February when theirs and Binions computer systems were hacked by the ransom ware folks. I wasn’t able to check into my room until around 6:30 PM, and they could only give you one key card for the room. I played my free play on a trip back in October, but I guess that resulted in MIA status on their mailing list.

8. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @GOLFCADDY1 worst case you could go to any open bell desk like Golden Nugget or D and for $5 a bag, I am sure you can convince the bell desk to hold it for you. You may want to spin that you just checked out of the hotel and just want the guy to hold your bag until a friend picks you up.

Heading to Laughlin for the First Time
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OddsWrkin

OddsWrkin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beware! A couple of years ago my wife and I arrived in the morning with a strip hotel booked. We chose to go downtown to play until we could go to the strip and check in. The plan was to check our bags at the downtown bell desk at what I think was the Freeeeeeeeeeeeemont. They informed me that this service was for hotel guests only. Just for the record, they did check the bags.

10. Bubblehead

Bubblehead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I would do....

CET Slot Tournament
  11. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to be even more evasive, you could suggest that you just checked out of a sister hotel (ie tell Fremont guy you just checked out of California) so there is no easy way for a bell man to verify.

Heading to Laughlin for the First Time
  12. Bubblehead

Bubblehead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're tipping him at dropoff he won't gaf.

CET Slot Tournament