1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What rewards credit card do have and you use?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by romeocasido, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have scaled back on spending too, so it would be hard.
    the premier and plus card both offer the bonus points for $2,000 spent in 90 days. that wouldn't be too hard if you stock up on gift cards that you can use.

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy to do $2000 in 90 days. Car insurance,electric, water, cell phone, etc. I even pay ahead on my electric , cable, water if I need the spend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a good laugh. Reading this thread and what do you know, one advertising comes up which offers 70k miles for signing up with the Delta card.

Wow, clicked on the thread. I didn't realize, annual fee ranges from $95 a year to $450. Reread, the Gold card is $0 the first year, then $95 the next year. But you have to spend $3k in the first 4 months to get 60k bonus miles.

4. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:

So are you booking flights and paying with your Hawaiian Airlines card? Or are you just paying for items with it? Because you seem to me like you are an Omni air with Vacations Hawaii kind of guy.......

5. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use it and have been for about a year and a half and have had no issues or problems. I also use the Credit Journey that comes with chase and have had no issues with that either

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope your comment was tongue in cheek.. That offer is pretty good.

For no cost, you get:
    Free checked bags for a year.
    60,000 miles good for at least one roundtrip.. maybe two if you are lucky.
    Spend money you are already spending.
    Maybe seat selection.. not sure.

Then renew if it works for you. Or not.

The $450 card gets you into lounges. We save lots because we drink alot. Your mileage may vary.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Lately I've been flying with Hawaiian Airlines ala carte. The vacations Hawaii charters kind of limit you for how long you stay; with HA I can stay as long as I want. Prices are similar between ala carte and VH but I get to stay a day or two longer.

I hardly fly Omni, I think the last time was at the beginning of last year when I went to the January CES. It was just for the CES so I just went to the convention and left right when it finished.

I also get a government discount (5%) with HA so that makes the fares a little better.

I usually charge my HA flights on the HA charge card. With it I also get my first checked bag free each way so I already save $50.

8. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct. That website is for a free credit report, not a free credit score. I also get a free credit report every four months and alternate between the three agencies.

9. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My reply specified that the website was for a credit report and not a FICO score.

In response to Makikiboy's question about which cards give a free FICO score, I have several that do but one I know off the top of my head is the MLife MasterCard. When you sign on to your account, there is an option to see your FICO score for free.

10. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Free FICO - more and more are doing this. Discover, Capital One, US Bank I think.. maybe my Chase. Wells Fargo.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amex & Chase for sure do it

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are these considered legit charges? I thought I read somewhere about certain cc's not allowing gift cards as purchases to fulfill that first amount that needs to be spent in order to receive your points or whatever they are giving you...

13. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very legit. Same as if you bought a gift card as a gift for someone else.

What is not okay is getting cash advances. Or possibly buying a gift card direct from the same credit card company that is your card.

When you buy gift cards at Kroger or Amazon, it does not show what you bought. It comes through the same as if you bought a box of diapers or a case of beer. They do not know what your bought.

On a related note - some AMEX cards will cover the first $200 in airline related misc expenses such as baggage, early boarding, drinks, etc. They specifically say they will not cover airline gift cards, but in reality they do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    on cards I have 2x gas. I buy my beer there also and it comes up as gas purchase. Don't see many 5x anymore other than the quarterlys and they aren't as good. Used to be able to get 2-5X on utilities once in a while

15. lostfido

lostfido I push my fingers into my eyes

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chase sapphire reserve, am express Starwood's preferred guest on a daily basis. Do two southwest cards every 4 years----wife and I alternate every two-----for southwest companion pass.
    I'm into the whole travel hacking thing, probably get either the Hilton or Ritz card next

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.