1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games What makes you leave a table

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by makikiboy, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, this is an offshoot from the craps thread about people coloring up.

What makes you color up and leave a table (any game)? Usually for me it is because the table is cold or I lose a certain amount of money, usually my buy in.

But there are some other things that would make me leave a table. One is obnoxious players or players who play questionably (like bj players at third base). Another is cig or cigar smoke, I hate them and unless I am on a hot table I will move. Usually most smokers are considerate of others and will blow smoke away from the table and hold their cig/cigar away from others but there are some that like to irritate others with their stinky cigars or like to blow smoke in other player's faces.

Hmmm, I will move if a dealer is hot (no, I don't mean hot in terms of looks, I mean that it appears she or he cannot lose). Once I played bj and lost 6 straight hands. I had a few I hands that I thought would win but unbelievably the dealer pulled out the number that beat me (note to self, avoid pregnant dealers, just superstition but I never won a hand from her).

Stupid play. Nah, unless it is at bj and the third baseman is playing "questionably" I will usually stick around, but that is if I am winning. If I'm losing then I will probably move elsewhere.

But usually if a table is now cold then I will color up and leave. On craps table you can see that, when the table gets cold after a shooter or two you see just about everyone coloring up. I have seen tables go from totally filled to totally empty in a minute. No sense losing money when the table gets cold IMHO.

So, what other things will make you color up and leave a table? :wave:

2. yankees4ever31

yankees4ever31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what will make me leave a table:

Blackjack:

1. If I lose 3 hands in a row.
    2. Obnoxious drunks.
    3. Let me preface by saying I mean absolutely no disrespect here - an Asian dealer swap. I have NEVER won after an Asian dealer replaces the current dealer (whether the current dealer is Asian or not). (Starting out with an Asian dealer is fine, it's the swap out that kills me everytime). My grandfather would call it "Stupid-stition" (superstition). Again, no disrespect to Asian dealers.

Craps:

1. Dice falls off the table
    2. More people standing around than actually playing

3. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When they still had the Dealertainers at IP/Quad, we left whenever the Jennifer Lopez lady started working at our table. I guess she was a pretty good J Lo, because she had no talent and was a complete stuck up you know what. She would always get pissed at people and wasn't any fun to interact with, so we'd bail and find something else to play.

50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
    50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
  4. AlexS

AlexS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm mostly a Blackjack player, and the only thing that will make me color up is when someone continually tells me how to play. Especially if I'm playing basic strategy. Things like "If you wouldn't have hit that 16 (dealer showing 10, I bust out, but dealer hits to a winning hand) the table would have won"

5. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big anti-imbecile person. Make a dumb play, utter an idiotic statement, mistreat the dealer/pit boss/cocktail waitress because you're losing money...I figure I can find a better scene than that crap, so I usually peace out.

6. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really hate surly dealers. Or ones that have no personality. I'll leave right away if I get one. Also if people start talking politics I don't want to hear it. I will move on.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mostly losing causes me to leave. Of course, obnoxious players (do I really need to enumerate what that means?), annoying dealers, mean-spirited pit critters, lousy drink service, etc. can make me WANT to leave, but losing is the overriding biggie. I can put up with almost anything when raking in the chips! Yep, when winning, nothing bothers me. When losing, everything bothers me!

8. DickTater

DickTater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will leave a BJ or craps table if there is a bad vibe there. What I mean is a player bitching about everything. I was at a BJ table in reno when this lady sat down and instantly started in about how terrible the cards were, how awful the dealer was because the dealer didn't bust, how much money she had lost, etc. finally, I just asked her: "If gambling makes you so miserable, why do it?" Well, she didn't leave so I did.

Same with craps tables and the grumpy guys that are there once inn awhile complaining about everything. I will also leave a craps table if the pit boss is a dick about not hitting the wall, or throwing the dice too high.They usually only bitch like that when somebody's winning. I have never heard a pit critter bitch when a short roll comes up 7.

9. cw247

cw247 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In no particular order

1) my bankroll evaporates
    2) my plane is about to leave
    3) my ability to count to 21 is compromised by a few too many cocktails

I haven't had to leave a table because of the behaviour of others yet, but came close a couple of times. Usually it's someone who's pissed at losing and is taking it out on others. More often than not, they go on tilt and are gone before I need to worry about moving.

10. gmille58

gmille58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I leave if losing, or 'not winning' when there are annoying players and/or dealers. I had one session years ago where there were three dealers in rotation on the table I was playing. Would win steadily with two, and lose back on the third dealer. After a couple of cycles of this I just sat out on her down, ended up with a nice win at the end.

11. Sage V

Sage V Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to back off when the person that only plays the one hand jumps in...or tries to jump in...

12. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A big one for me is if I get paid incorrectly in my favor. I like to leave ASAP before the dealer/pit realizes the error!

13. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    -LOUD drunks. I'm usually drunk myself, so I certainly understand having a rowdy good time at the table, but some people clearly leave their eardrums in the hotel room.
    -People who see fit to criticize my playing style for any reason ("See, if you would have _____ the dealer would have busted..."). I know it usually comes from a place of good intentions, but it's none of your fuckin' business how I play my hand. If I'm doing okay and one of these folks starts bothering me I'll split tens just to piss them off.
    -Losing more than 3 or 4 hands in a row.

EDC
  14. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one hand charlies irk me. especially if they just jump and don't ask if it's ok. down right rude.
    i try to play double deck when i can. b ut i don't like it with more than 2 other players and myself. just one of my quirks.

as far as smokers go. i won't sit at one where someones doing the chain smoking.
    i'll go to another table or an empty one and ask it be made a non smoking table.

the know it all can be a PITA but if i'm winning, i just tune it out.

15. woody82986

woody82986 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can put up with a lot, but I won't tolerate being around rude behavior. If another player is drunk (or sober) and bitching or telling other players how they should play or being rude to the dealer, I will walk. I'm all for the happy drunk guy who just wants to have a good time, but the surly drunk is too much. Crappy drink service will also drive me out of a chair.

16. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree. Last week while playing craps I handed the pit boss my card so I could get rated and before even looking up my info he rolled his eyes as if I was bothering him.

17. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone who gets on the nerves.. Ya know the arrogant know it all type.

18. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with that. I don't like obnoxious drunks either....

19. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what makes me leave a table:

Constant losing streak.

Dealers not focusing on the game, talking to each other and ignoring the players, not being sociable and friendly.

Pit Bosses that don't acknowledge or welcome you to the game when you hand in your card. Also when they flip your card back to you instead of handing it over and wishing you luck.

Surly, rude, obnoxious, inconsiderate players. I don't need to tolerate this behavior. My vacation time is too precious.

Basically if I'm not having fun, I leave.

20. Hawaiianmark

Hawaiianmark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dark side players that cant stay reserved. I wont leave but damn if I get to roll; Im sure trying to get them a big ALOHA...see ya later

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.