1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What kind of car do you drive? Happy with it?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by TracyinVegas, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a 2011 BMW 535i M Sport and my wife drives a 2016 Lexus NX 200t AWD.
    My car is a pos. Constant issue. Would never buy a BMW again. Planning on selling it once the economy gets better and we move as I'll want a new car.
    Most likely a CPO Mercedes AMG S65 Coupe.

The Lexus is fantastic though. It's basically bullet proof. Would absolutely recommend a Lexus, especially a CPO one. Got the extended warranty which means 8 years and unlimited miles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really like the NX, wish it had a little more get up and go.

The Nugget!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that is my problem with the NX too. Then again, my BMW is too slow too. Really want power. I also hate the stupid track pad that controls the navigation and infotainment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SMG

SMG High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before I decided to buy my 2019 Acura RDX, the Lexus NX was at the top of list until I test drove one. I also noticed that it was under powered too. I like it's big brother, the RX350 FSport, but it was over my budget. I use to have the 2004 Lexus RX330 which was a good reliable SUV.

My RDX also has a 2L turbo, but Acura has it sports tuned and paired with their new 10 speed transmission. It develops a lot more HP and torque than the NX so it has a lot of zip when you hit the gas pedal. LOL

5. gailtherese

gailtherese Upper Middle Class ?!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2017 Nissan Rogue SL. Salesman at the time persuaded me leasing was the way to go; although that was not my intention. I love it though; and will keep it when the lease expires in October of this year. Seems silly to have about $15,000 into it; and then hand it back! I'll still owe about the same amount (a tad more); but it will last me for many years to come. Drove it to Vegas in June of last year! First time I've had a vehicle w all the bells and whistles.

6. jdk

jdk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2018 Range Rover HSE & BMW M850 on order. Love the Rover, but admittedly I rarely drive more than 5 miles unless to the airport. Looking forward to July when the 850 (hopefully) arrives.

7. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BMW/
    0-60 MPH 3.5 sec is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Nugget!
  8. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife like the RX, but hated the 3rd seat. Made it feel too big. The funny thing is her SUV is smaller than my car. Next car for her will probably be a Lincoln Aviator Black Label Hybrid so much larger and way more power.

9. PalmWind

PalmWind Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2014 Buick Lacrosse with 53000 miles. I've always wanted a comfortable freeway cruiser, and this car is exactly that. It has never given me the slightest bit of trouble. Just doing the usual maintenance stuff like batteries, tires and fluids.

• Like Like x 2
  10. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2018 KIA Stinger GT2 zero to 60 in about 4 1/2 seconds. Fun car to drive

Attached Files:

11. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with anyone who drives cars to the junkyard. I have 2013 VW Golf, this is the best car I have ever driven. It is incredibly reliable and other than changing tires, its been great. It goes to the dealership aka the car spa, every other month for routine maintenance. Its a happy healthy auto.

My only wish is that I could have some updated technology, music is Aux--corded, no hands free phone connection, and there's no rear camera. Also, we live in Oregon and its not all-wheel drive, so mountain trips involve chains or tire socks, which are are hassle. However, its paid for and if I had to choose between hopping out of the car twice a week and putting on tire socks in the winter to go up to Mount Hood, or making a $500 a month car payment, I'd choose the former.

• Love Love x 2
  12. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RX and RXL for the 3rd row. RX no 3rd row

The Nugget!
  13. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m pretty sure you could add all or a couple of those wanted features to your Golf for not a tremendous amount of money.

14. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve done a long term rental with National for the last two plus years, and I’ve driven almost every upper range vehicle they have, including the 740i, QX80, Navigator, Escalade, etc. Currently in a 2020 Range Rover Sport. Not incredible, but it’s really nice. Surprisingly enough, out of all the big vehicles I’ve driven, the Expedition actually has the most features and is the most comfortable one! Go figure that it’s 20-40k less expensive than the rest.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't know about that. Regardless she wants the Lincoln next. Of course, my new car comes first lol.

16. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra and I love it! Step up from my 2012 Toyota Corolla which, while great, didn’t have all the tech my Elantra has (I’m a nerd). Plus, after having my dad co-sign on all my cars through college, the Elantra was the first car I got on my own.

It was the end of the model year, so I got a killer deal on it. Beggars can’t be choosers, so I got a light color, but it came with the value package which - at the time - included heated front seats, power drivers seat with lumbar support, a sun roof, and Android Auto/Apple CarPlay capability - everything I was looking for and then some!

I love it. I used to have “car envy” whenever I’d rent a car to Vegas, or take an Uber somewhere, now I don’t! My car fuckin’ rocks. :) Now if only I could pay it off! (All in due time)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mishawaka3

Mishawaka3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got a 2018 Buick Lacrosse AWD with only 12K on it at the end of January. Got it for a little more than 1/2 the list price. Traded in a 2010 Impala. It's got the 3.6 engine w/9 speed transmission and all options except the 20" tire/suspension package, which I didn't want. I really love the car except for a couple of minor complaints. The auto-stop needs a couple of seconds delay before it kicks in and the fuel gauge doesn't go quite to the full mark when I fill it up. 310 HP and I can get 30 MPG on the highway.

• Like Like x 2
  18. jdk

jdk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm definitely looking forward to testing this! Hard to believe that it'll be the same speed as my sister in laws, AMG GT R but if it is then I'll be ecstatic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Car incentives for April have been pretty good. May most likely won't be as good nor will the inventory be as good so if you are thinking about pulling the trigger on a new car, you got a week or take a chance of less good incentives and just less cars to buy.

The Nugget!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. vegascurley

vegascurley Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a 2019 Ford edge and a 2010 ford escape....love the escape..the Edge has given us quite a few headaches. Had electrical issues 3 different times within a 8 month period. Had it in the shop one time for over a month. First Ford I was ever disappointed in.