1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What item(s) is still hard to find or low quantity in the stores now?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, May 15, 2020.

1. flyguyfl

flyguyfl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back to the basic question. I find extra large male pregnancy prevention devices almost impossible to find.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are indeed male, I assure you that your chances of becoming pregnant are very very small! :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in central NY. Lysol and wipes are still not available. Baby wipes still in short supply. Toilet paper and towels are available but not all brands. Rice, some cuts of pasta and pasta sauce, peanut butter, pickles, canned prepared foods are all hit and miss. Beef prices have gone through the roof. Processed meats like pre packaged cold cuts are not all available. We get less then half of what we order in groceries. Produce and frozen foods are in good supply.

4. donfairplay

donfairplay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a 50 pound bag of jasmine rice at Costco at very close to normal pricing and felt like I hit tonight's $410 million Mega Millions jackpot (unsplit with other winning tickets). I don't know what I'll do with the bag of basmati rice any time soon, seems to take up more water in the ol' rice cooker, but it will get used in some recipes like persian tahdig.

5. donfairplay

donfairplay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something I just thought of, have you considered hiring out to those 3d printer people?

They could make something halfway decent, I would think. I used a pre-made/pre-planned out plastic cover for my yubikeys on thingiverse (there are quite a few different sites, kind of like ebay for 3d printer contractors).

I'm sure they'd be happy to have the business, but you may have to contact someone who sells there with dimensions and whatnot to make you something workable. Plus you wouldn't have to buy a 3d printer (which would be insane if you only used it one time).

Only problem is you'd need exact dimensions of the exhaust/intake part. I guess that would be tough to get if you didn't buy the portable air conditioner first.

You could also probably make something out of wood, if you are good with woodworking. I am not.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thingiverse is awesome! Lotsa good stuff on there, just for the picking. It's an exercise in self-discipline to go there and download and print only the stuff that you will really use.

A while back I said that the 3d print filament is like the toilet paper for the technogeek community and in short supply, well, it still is, but now ...

Some of the better 3d printers are now scarce and in high demand too. The one I got right as the Covid was starting to hit he fan then had a 2 1/2 week lead time. Well now, the lead time is 7 weeks for the fully assembled version and 5-6 weeks for the "some assembly required" version. To add insult to injury, they are reporting that people are buying them up and gouging, like one clod in Florida is selling them on Ebay for $2500, which is over THREE TIMES the price I paid!

7. flyguyfl

flyguyfl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unsalted green beans are hard to find. Buy them for our dog.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3uacxf.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stand further back from the shelf, you're probably knocking them all onto the floor.

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A new shortage in California! . Lottery Scratch Off tickets are no longer being replenished in stores. When they run out, they're out until the Lottery starts servicing stores again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My extra fridge is supposed to be delivered and installed this Saturday from Best Buy. I’m hoping that happens.

I bought new patio furniture 2 weeks ago along with a canopy. There seemed to be cheap crap and really expensive stuff. Not a lot in between. Not a lot IN STOCK to choose from.

Happened to be in Walmart when they were restocking Clorox wipes. I politely ask for a few if possible when they opened the shrink wrap. I took 3. Unlike the greedy a-holes that went to the pallet and clawed their way in and took all but 1 tub.

Seems like meat is still an issue. Lots of filler items in the meat case. Cheese, pickles, Etc. or just empty.

Local pharmacy is still having issues keeping some medications in stock. A month ago I had to travel 45 minutes away to get a certain prescription filled. This month I was able to request a quantity of 3 filled locally. I won’t have to worry about it again until late August.

gas prices have Increased. Bummer. All the mechanics in my area are booked solid. Luckily my a/c just needed a recharge. Bought the last can from oreillys. Hope they restock soon since summer Sticky humid weather is impending.

12. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    That meat thing just seems antithetical to the heartland. We're in CA's version of the heartland and meat is one thing that isn't in short supply.

13. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:

They closed a few processing plants nearby due to covid. There are local farms here with great meat if you can store at least 1/8 cow. (That’s why I needed that second fridge)

I’m not sure why there is such a low supply of meats lately. Even at samsclub Kroger meijer and Walmart there is not a good variety. Cheap or top of the line.

14. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think we had a plant near here that hit some insane infection rate, something like 90%+.

Your last comment sparked my little brain -- I've only been to Costco twice since this hit. As I think back it took a bigger hit, at least in diversity, than our regional grocer.

15. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Local processors are booking for next February. Even if you have a hamburger or steak in the pasture, your out of luck.

surely this won't go kaput
  16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plenty of the medium ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. pjbear05

pjbear05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bleach and dish detergent still in short supply in South FL. No problem with most cuts of meat, deli counter at the local Publix well stocked. The one thing I have yet to find is a subtitute laundry sanitizer, something without bleach to use on colored clothes. Finding the Lysol brand laundry sanitizer impossible.

18. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lucked up one day at Walmart and they had 3 Lysol Laundry Sanitizer on the shelf. I should have gotten more than one because now that I’m running low, I can’t find anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :cry:At my HEB yesterday. I couldn't find Caffeine free Coke Zero his favorite. There was a sign up saying there is a shortage of Aluminum cans and there will be shortages of different sodas. I couldn't find my Diet Cherry Zero Coke -- but I tried Diet Dr. Pepper/Cream Soda -- It may be my replacement.

Caesars Palace My 59th Birthday - but who's counting?
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  20. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Local WM has been well supplied in paper goods, bleach, hand sanitizer, hand soap, laundry soap, dish soap, etc. They had a ton of masks a week or so ago also - not sure if they have remained in stock.

Still no lysol wipes (I did get one 35 count container a week ago - it was the first I had seen since Covid started). Cleaning sprays are very low but they do restock numerous times a week. I finally have work stocked up with Great Value brand cleaner (they like this as it cleans the plexiglass well also) & some of the windex disinfecting cleaner. Work is also good on wipes - it is just myself personally that is low. I had ordered from our office supply company multiple times when they appeared on website. Finally everything came in after weeks of waiting & they are well stocked yet.