1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What item(s) is still hard to find or low quantity in the stores now?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aldi has been out of steamable broccoli and frozen salmon for months. They do have saltines again.

2. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I have found sponges at our local grocer & Dollar Tree- unfortunately our Dollar Tree is temporarily closed due to staffing. Dollar Tree has lots of hidden Treasures. I love the YouTube channels on organization crafts etc.

3. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be perfectly honest that I've never even set foot in a dollar tree. Not from a snobbish standpoint, just because it's honestly never occurred to me and I've never really looked into what they might have there. Apparently, I should at least go take a look.

Edit to add: there also isn't a dollar tree that I pass on my way to any of my regular locations, so that's part of why it never occurs to me.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny, but I picked up Saltines at Aldi because of this thread. I don’t think I had a saltine since my kids were babies, but it’s simple human nature to want what we can’t get. I saw the box and my base human instincts took over.

Have you tried the Aldi fresh Salmon?

Too bad Lidl isn’t over your way, they have about 16 different SKU’s of fresh and frozen Salmon. Plus they have little aluminum trays of frozen escargot. I swear that they are the same ones that were stocked when the store opened a couple years ago. One of these days, I’m gonna slip a post it note in between a stack of escargot trays in the back of the display case and check back in 6 months to see if it’s still there.

5. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cream cheese now seems to be the most prevalent one, but this issue has been going on for a while so it’s not shocking.

6. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a difficult time finding Dixie Everyday 10" paper plates. Neither ShopRite nor Wegmans had them today. Beyond being unable to find them, the price is up 50% over just one year ago.

7. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't tried it. I was buying their frozen wild caught pink salmon the was caught is US waters and processed in China. Good value for the price.

Last week at Aldi there was some dude buying at least 30 packs of cream cheese. Nothing like common courtesy these days.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw a sign at a bagel shop I frequent: “Philadelphia cream cheese may be substituted due to supply chain issues.” Maybe that guy owned a deli.

9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :popcorn: :eek:
    1AF14ACD-4894-4C37-971B-548F9DF99655.jpeg

RICHARD

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. gadgets19

gadgets19 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. gadgets19

gadgets19 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Cholula anything but it is crazy expensive compared to anything else in my neck of the woods (and always has been).

13. serenasea

serenasea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the recall of Jif peanut butter, people are buying whatever they can find and the shelves are empty.

14. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Senor Lechuga pineapple/garlic/reaper (.003) is the way to go. Their stuff is fantastic, hot but not blindingly so despite the peppers in there, and tastes amazing. I also really want to try .718 (adobo/lime/ghost) and .098 (habanero/geisha/passionfruit).

15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't being out of random stuff, and having other random stuff instead, kind of Aldi's thing?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Golfer

Golfer Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went grocery shopping yesterday and huge swaths of certain items were either MIA or few selections.
    Peanut butter was decimated and none of my favorite Adam's brand were available in any size
    Jams & Jellies ~ many brands and flavors are missing and those that are left are more expensive.
    Crackers ~ empty shelves with some jacked-up priced Nabisco saltines available
    Poor selection of cream cheeses
    (there were more that don't immediately come to mind)

I don't get it. Are people stocking up on more-or-less somewhat inexpensive products that keep for a while?

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's true. Anything that doesn't spoil is going to get stockpiled. If I buy something and the price goes up 10% in a year it's like buying a 10% interest CD. The only thing I have laid up is laundry detergent. I got a great buy a few weeks ago and now I have enough for two years. I'd better get some saltines.

19. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I got a couple of large laundry detergents in the cupboard. Yes, they were on sale. I never considered myself a hoarder, but I do consider myself a person who gets his clothes filthy just by putting them on.

20. Fogdweller

Fogdweller Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.