1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What item(s) is still hard to find or low quantity in the stores now?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, May 15, 2020.

1. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As mentioned above, cleaning products are still hit or miss, and hand sanitizer is non-existant. TP is starting to come into stock, enough that it's not a concern at this point.

But two things missing: Ramen noodles, and garlic powder (well, onion powder as well, but I use that a lot less). The garlic powder struck me as odd. I was almost out, but the other day there were about a dozen in stock, so I bought two.

2. vegas superfan

vegas superfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. martinr

martinr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only way to get paper towels is basically by standing in line outside of Target about 30 minutes before they open. They are very organized but rationing is exercised. I you go there anytime after about 10am, zero paper towels. No TP however and practically no Kleenex. We haven't been able to find that Tilex daily shower spray cleaner for about two months. And, peanut butter is very scarce.

4. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as groceries go here, Campbell’s soups. Plenty of Chunky and Progresso available. Canned vegetables such as green beans and corn. Generic spaghetti-o’s and the like.

5. Bgoll279

Bgoll279 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several Walmarts in my area, and they all have virtually no butter. There may be an organic brand with a few tubs here and there, but basic butter shelves are empty. Some of the locals have it, but I amd looking specifically for Land o lakes butter with olive oil spread, and it is always sold out.

I need the spread so that it is easier the prepare a grilled cheese. Or, my kids could take their happy asses back to school, and stop asking for food every half hour. Ok, now that's out of my system!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. whiskeyandslots

whiskeyandslots High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Toilet paper and paper towels are still in low supply, although not impossible to find, like they were. Like at Piggly Wiggly, where they only have single rolls of off-brand, single-ply for $1 a roll. Dollar General usually has paper products for like a full day after their truck comes, but that's it.

Meat is very expensive right now, although not in noticeably short supply. Eggs and milk were super costly for a couple of weeks, but prices seem to have gone back down.

7. donfairplay

donfairplay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a large bag of basmati rice at Costco in March or April and felt like I hit the Powerball.

• Like Like x 1
  8. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this is not food but I can't get a Webcam for my pc without paying the price gouging price. I am using a chromebook to zoom with friends but I want use my bigger better pc monitor..

last time at the grocery store we found everything we were looking for.

post pandemic trip.............
  9. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ordered a webcam from TigerDirect, $59. Having no idea the selling price before all this, I was perfectly happy.

10. Nick61

Nick61 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Campbell's chunky soup is impossible to find where I shop at Sam's Club. The employee at the club said they haven't had it in stock since this pandemic began. We have had success ordering it on line. But sometimes I truly believe Sam's/Walmart company is a company that isn't run all that well. They've had issues with products not being in stock long before Covid-19.

Also as another poster said, lysol disinfectant spray--I haven't seen a single can in stores since this thing began.

Also fresh chicken is getting very hard to find, if you want the cheaper stuff like chicken thighs.

Somes spices are also very hard to find. I went 2 places today attempting to buy paprika with no success.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  11. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Texans and our tortillas. At the beginning of the hoarding pandemic I couldn't find tortillas at all unless I got in line early. There is a specific soft carb friendly tortilla made by Mission that I really like --- it is pretty scarce now. In fact if I get to the store in the afternoon it is slim pickings on the left overs at the tortilla section. Also whole wheat hamburger buns I haven't found at all. I never think at the time to head over to one of local eateries where they have the best fresh tortillas and tortilla chips. And the best Migas ever -- I miss Hilda's Migas.

12. redfury

redfury Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ribeyes. Haven’t had any problems until recently. The store personnel has blamed it on supply chain issues

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I was really late to the game on trying to buy one. All the sites have them as back ordered, Newegg, tiger direct, Amazon... My plan now is to rip out a camera from an old Chromebook and use that until I can get a better one.

post pandemic trip.............
  14. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Besides hand sanitizer and wipes, the one thing I can't buy is beef. Not because it isn't available, but because the price is through the roof - $7/lb hamburger, $8.49 cube steaks, $15+ for rib eyes, strips, tbone ect.

No thanks, will have chicken and pork instead.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tortillas.

16. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have always had two freezers in the garage. One went out about a week ago. Apparently there is a national freezer shortage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clorox wipes...I was a fan and had some on hand before the crisis, but haven’t seen one for sale anywhere in 2 months

18. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm well stocked on cleaning products and have plenty of wipes.

Two items I can't find anywhere and it really baffles me, are Dinty Moore Beef Stew and Peanut Oil.

I haven't seen toilet paper for two months. I got a two roll pack of store brand paper towels the other day.

I ordered a 48 roll case of TP from Amazon. I have no clue when it will get here.

19. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you misunderstood. I was shocked because they were in stock, not which store was carrying them. Since early March finding hand sanitizer or masks was as rare as finding a CW when you REALLY want a drink... Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  20. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My partner did our grocery run this morning. Only thing she didn't see on the shelves was a few types of frozen meat (which we don't eat anyway). Around here, its been fine for a few weeks. TP, paper towels, disinfecting wipes, almost any food you want. Seems like the supply lines and/or hoarding in my area has sorted itself out