1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What is your go to athletic shoe?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Valgal, Jan 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nike Air. Have 4 pair.
    One other Nike that I have are a slip in type that skateboarders wear. But no I do not skateboard. Just a nice design easy on and off. And I have one pair of Sketchers but they are good only for a couple hours or so...

2. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I buy Brooks for my running and working out but Nike for everyday wear. Brooks are the best running shoe I have ever owned. Just super comfortable. Sure they cost a bit more but they have made my runs so much better now.

Let's try this Thanksgiving thing again
  3. Rookies11

Rookies11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been down with North Face for about a decade, now. Tried out a red colour pair- identical to the waterproof blue. Loved them- all over Ireland, Saratoga, Florida & Vegas. My mistake? Should have bought 2 or 4 or 6 (my life expectancy ), but they were the first. (Actually, the Blue look ratty, now that I look at them. Into the garbage they go!).

I have 2 of the Grey/ Yellow ones. Thought they were a little tight on the top. I wear a 12W. You know, big hands, big feet, big... My wife says:” Try unlacing the top pair.”

Duhhh! Fits fabulously.

1C0FAD51-8D53-43EF-9B61-DF6013CF3D80.jpeg C7E16940-7F6A-4080-ABC2-5C33C9510ABC.jpeg

4. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, hit that age last month. No one told me!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. weegranty

weegranty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FB_IMG_1579021720401.jpg A small collection of my trainers,I reckon I have about 45/50 pair in total.

• Wow! Wow! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. weegranty

weegranty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMAG0617.jpg Newest addition to the collection.

7. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Imelda Lives!!! lol

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. vacationaddict

vacationaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Adidas Ultra Boost. One of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned

9. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is zero athleticism left in this body but I still go with UA or Nike...

10. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they better be white shoes paired with white socks, too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thread for me and will follow. My loyalty is up for grabs.

My problem: Very high arch, hammer toes, semi-wide foot. 9.5 10 size, depending on brand/shoe. I like to hike, take long walks, and play tennis–lots of tennis. I can seldom find a shoe or boot that is comfortable.

Tennis: is New Balance is my default for wide sizes, but I am not wedded to it. The last 3-4 are not very comfortable and don't wear as long as I would like.

Hiking/Walking: I've never found one that is comfortable that doesn't fall apart. Many hurt my feet.

Suggestions?

12. mhetrick

mhetrick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Under Armour shoe guy here. Usually get a new pair about every 3-4 months or so depending on if I find something I like. Used to be Adidas several years ago, but then switched over and haven't been back.

13. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could go on and on forever about my foot problems. So much so, that I see my podiatrist every other month or so. I suffer from plantar fasciitis, ingrown nails, hammer toes and diabetic foot ulcers (recurring). I was in horrid orthotic shoes for a few years and another few years unable to walk. Now with Hoka One Bondi 6's W paired with Super Feet Orthotics I'm doing great and recently starting walking for exercise. This was impossible last year. Yeah, they are pricey at $150, but they practically saved my life. The cushioning is so great it even helps with my arthritis pain!

I wish I knew how important shoes were when I was younger. smh. :(

Good luck with your search. Sometimes we can't let price dictate what is best for our health.:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  15. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nike Epic React. The soles are soft as bubble gum so they don't last more than about three months of walking about 7-8 miles a day. Every time I see a decent sale on good Nikes I'll grab a few pair that will hopefully hold out until the next sale. I also rotate and try not to wear the same pair day after day; its better for the feet and supposedly the shoes keep their shape by giving the perspiration a chance to dry.

I always save a new pair to break in whenever I visit Vegas.

:peace: :beer:

Two Weeks at Aria
    One Week at MB
  16. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @booker you might want to consider The Good Feet Store for personalized inserts. They are very pricey but I know a few people who have been very happy with them. My local Walmart store has a computerized Dr. Scholl’s gizmo you stand on with sock feet and it measures instep, arch etc. Then tells you which insert is best. My husband used it a while back and was happy with the one he bought. Us older nurses stick to Brooks, Saucony and now Hoka seems to be the new kid on the block. Brooks seems to be the most popular in my work place. I’m very happy with my latest Saucony now that I’ve been wearing them a few days. New Balance has stores specific for their brand. They do a lot of advertising on the radio here about personal attention. I remember the good ole days when you walked into a shoe store and the clerk brought out six pair or more to try on. To find the right fit. I order my shoes on line but if my feet give me more trouble I would definitely be trying them on before I buy.

A lot of people discount seeing a Podiatrist. If you have to have a referral due to insurance ask your Primary doctor for one. Feet is what they do. In many instances Insurance and Medicare covers treatment- but probably not the insert.

Caesars Palace My 59th Birthday - but who's counting?
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the exception of weird shoes to go with outfits, and athletic shoes, this is all I buy period. I recently got the grand pro turf tennis shoes on clearance at the store when I went to pick up another pair of shoes and I'm not disappointed at all. Give em a try (but buy them on sale; they aren't quite worth the $150+ whatever the msrp was)

Beau Rivage booked same day as Luxor. One will win. Leaning Biloxi.
    Vegas or Biloxi. Going somewhere for Labor Day weekend...
  18. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. VegasFirstTimer

VegasFirstTimer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nike airmax

20. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New Balance or Brooks. Tried Hokas, but didn’t like them.

I get a wide toe box and I usually add New Balance Ultra Arch insoles. I am way into comfort over fashion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.