1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What is your favorite beach/area in Jamaica?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jonnyvegas, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnyvegas

Jonnyvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I are considering going to Jamaica for first time this spring. Currently leaning towards Negril and staying at Couples Negril. Want to make sure Montego Bay isn't a better option. I know Negril is far, but CN offers free transportation to/from airport. Also, have you ever experienced bad seaweed in Jamaica? We've tried all inclusives in Punta Cana and Cancun. Both times had horrible seaweed causing us to stay out of ocean. Loved the beach/water in Aruba, Bahamas, and Grand Cayman. Hoping to find similar in Jamaica.

Thanks for any tips.

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been to Couples Negril twice - loved it! Haven't been in a while (there are more resorts on the bay now - very few our first trip, a few more our second trip - and even more now) The bay is slightly more secluded than the 7 mile beach. No seaweed issues for us. My husband loved taking out the windsurfer. And occasionally being towed back in by the ever-so-helpful beach activities staff ;-)

Couples are AMAZING resorts for those of us who are childless by choice and prefer to avoid spending a vacation with the children of others....I've sent a few friends to Couples - including Couples Sans Souci which is where I really want to go next - their clothing optional section is the largest & best developed of all their resorts....

3. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at RIU in Montego Bay many years ago and the seaweed made the ocean a no go for us. That and the locals who stood in the surf trying to sell anything and everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.