1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What is the max airfare you'll pay to LAS ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The max airfare for me would be $600-700 rt that being said I'm on the East Coast. Fortunately, I can use 4 airports that are somewhat close by. The usual carrier is SW because of their competitive fares when one totals up the fees/charges other carriers have.

2. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the dates. Around Holidays or NCAA tournament I expect to pay 400 to 500 roundtrip. Now that we have Frontier in CVG and Allegiant competing nearby rates have come down if you book out.
    $250 to 280 seems to be the norm now, but I will pay up to 380 RT for the dates and times I want, not around holiday weekends.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $300 from St. Louis, but that's not very easy to pull off. We drove to KC to fly out last trip. :(

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    probably about $400.. east coaster here also....fly out of bradley and use SWA as they have the only non-stop to vegas. and they don't even run that from nov-march..... then i have toi try and get a delta with a quick stop in cincy.

got real lucky this past trip in september. paid $233 rt/ns

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm happy with anything under 1k first. Under 900 is awesome.

6. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just paid $550 for March from NYC. For a bachelor party so no flexibility on dates. Prices are generally pretty pricey though from NYc. Last few trips have been in the $400-$450 range. Good thing I booked though since the flight times I wanted now is $750+ and the cheapest ones now all include a redeye which I can't handle

7. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $500 but I would have to be angry or desperate to pay it (I have been both!) My threshold is usually around $350-$400.

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If all things work out we can sometimes find airfare for $350-400 round trip (per person, non stop), but usually we're in the $450-500 pp rt range.

For our New Years Eve 2009/2010 trip I waited too long to book the flights and so we wound up paying $850 pp rt, though $750 of that was just the flight down... but not the most expensive, that would be when I chartered a jet for my wife's "cancer trip" back in 2009

9. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually manage to get something in the $350 usd range out of Buffalo on SW (Save for the holidays). Out of Toronto, nothing under $600 (non red eye)Cnd. Now with our Loonie dropping like a stone, it is getting closer to 6 and 1/2 doze between BUF and YYZ:(

The package deals out of YYZ look fine until you realize you are on the red eye back home. Add another couple hundred for a reasonable flight. I just punched in an advertised "from $500" three night Monte Carlo package and when I changed return flight from red eye to day time, it became $800!

10. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming from Toronto, the most I've ever spent was around $650 for hotel. I'm trying to book for March 5-9th and the cheapest I can find right now for the flights I want (I always make sure I land before 3 pm, don't care about layovers as long as I'm there by mid-afternoon, and I always take the redye home, unless I'm travelling with a larger group who is against it) is $704. I'm waiting for a bit of a drop but may just bite the bullet and just pay the money. Cheapest I've ever gone is $500 for flight and 6 nights at Flamingo (package deal from Expedia in 2009 when I had no gambling history with any of the main hotel chains). Now I pay more for flight but $0 for rooms

11. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been flying to Vegas for under $100 round trip. some times under $50 round trip. Crazy airfare out of DFW. Reason for the many quick trips this year.

about a 2 and half hour flight so not too bad.

12. CoveredinBeer

CoveredinBeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $400-$600. Which is pretty good flying out of Charleston, SC. We have a small airport here that for a while enjoyed the highest price increases in the country. You can lock your car from the Tarmac, but it's nice and quick to get through if everything works out fine.

13. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are in the centre/west end of TO, consider Buffalo. A much easier experience than Pearson and cheaper. From Burlington, I can get to the airport parking lot in one hour sharp non-rush hour with the border crossing. I can walk from parking to the terminal and get through security way quicker than YYZ without walking for miles so door to gate time is about even or quicker in BUF for me. SW $530 usd on your dates at present but, I suspect SW will be having an offer coming out shortly to reduce that (that is high for SW).

14. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually 450-800 for first.

15. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably $250-300 max. I've never paid more then $200 for a RT flight.

16. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never paid more that $400-450 roundtrip from EWR; However, I usually go through BWI as it's much cheaper ($250-350 range).

Annual Golf Trip
  17. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $140 round trip from Burbank and LA. But if you don't make the reservation well in advance (Over 30 days at least) it will be 500 round trip from both airports. Gate to gate 50 minutes to 1 hr max. Wayyy too easy.

18. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

My max would probably be equal to one hand of UTH at max bet at my base betting unit ($75 ante, $50 trips), so $500.

19. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Have you flown sw out of Buffalo?

20. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $150 R/T MAX...coming out of central valley/Northern California.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.