1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What have I been feeding?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jpw711, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used tomato juice to try and neutralize the smell....washed the dog in it and us in it.... and then scrubbed down the kitchen where the smell seemed to stay...haha-it took a few days to wear away...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The little stray I’ve been feeding has put on weight. She will let me get in a short pet every now and then. Like a 1/2 second touch.

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one more thing, Possum #2, the bigger one, and I have had a few conversations. If I don't get outside soon enough to pick up the food, it'll be there, so I start talking to it as it waddles away at the highest speed a possum can go.

"go eat some ticks, fat fatty"

"go on, get moving"

as I'm shooing it along 4 feet behind it.

I keep thinking one of these days, it'll turn around and I'll have a "that was stupid" moment, but so far, it's pretty docile.

He's cute, for an ugly fucker.

We've had skunks, a fox, and one coon too. The coon made the mistake of coming in the back yard back in my Borzoi days. He got in a couple of good licks, but didn't win. He was a big racoon too, but not much wins against two borzoi. I miss those hounds, people got out of your way when you walked them.

Tool, Round two
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and for you peeps that are wondering what the heck a borzoi is, here's a pink floyd song:

Tool, Round two
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love that Pink Floyd song! Every time I play that here our dog runs around the house looking for the dog in the song.

Van Morrison and Birthday Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Craps all day

Craps all day Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I officially vote this thread the most entertaining, completely non-Vegas thread on VEGAS MESSAGE BOARD.

I'm an f-ing wildlife biologist and I learned something about possums tonight. Bravo.

They can eat 5,000 ticks/year? If that's even remotely true I suggest we put possums on the endangered species list and allow them to thrive.

Either we were all too lazy, disturbed or revolted over what is widely known as the usual roadkill....or simply just didn't give 2 shits about our native marsupial.

Good stuff folks!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a near miss with a skunk last week; hubby was letting the dog out and shut the door real quick when he noticed this guy. We ended up putting the dogs in the car and taking them to a safe potty spot.

743AEB26-0579-4AB5-9214-43AB81460506.png 0A9F3BA8-3A00-4611-9950-9A17D7B5C346.jpeg

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're pretty harmless. My dad did tell me they eat a lot of bugs and keep the yard clean of stuff you don't want in your yard. I think you should keep the little dude around.

9. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a feral Bengal cat that kills squirrels for sport. A couple of neighborhood kids have been digging holes and holding funerals.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no doubt, I'm not running him off, I'm just moving him away from the cat chow.

The ONLY thing I don't allow in my yard is a snake. I don't care if it's a copperhead or a blacksnake, it's got to go. My motto is if it doesn't have feet, and it's not a fish, kill it. I'll let the black snake wander off on it's own, but I'm blasting the copperhead.

I don't even mind skunks, now that we don't have dogs, they don't smell (that bad) if they aren't spraying.

Tool, Round two
  11. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just went out to pick up the cat food, wish I would have had my camera

The "Big" possum, there's two, had situated himself between the storm door and the food bowl, just enjoying his buffet.

I turn on the light, see him, open the door a bit and say "get out of there" It ignores me

I say it a bit louder, still ignored.

I open the door and thump him, THREE TIMES, he finally moved to the other side of the bowl. No sound, just moved.

So I bent down and pulled the bowl right out from under him. Then he wandered off. Next time, I'm going in armed with a broom.

Cheeky Bastard.

Tool, Round two
    • Funny Funny x 4
  12. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give him a squirt with one of those "Super Soaker Water Blasters" cannons. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this on Facebook and thought of you @jpw711

17F5B4F6-E37D-4D50-A20F-C07A9E0A3D5D.jpeg

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  14. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just when I was about to have one almost tame kitty that I could trap.....meet wild kitty #2 (taking up the rear). The first kitty is at the food bowl.

PXL_20210209_135248766.jpg

Tool, Round two
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  15. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yep once the word gets out that there is free food, they tell ALL their friends.

I remember once watching a documentary on PBS once. They put trackers on a bunch of cats in a neighborhood to watch where they went when they roamed around at night. Well one of the houses had a pet door. During the course of a night all of these cats visited that house and had a midnight snack.

Van Morrison and Birthday Trip
    • Wow! Wow! x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.