1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What good luck charms do you bring to Las Vegas to attract Lady Luck?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Funkhouser, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and the Shawshank boys are putting together a lending library and online museum of Vegas good luck charms (Note this is for gambling charms not the other "Lucky" charms). Feel free to sound off with whatever lucky charm you like to bring on your Las Vegas gambling trips.

Pictures are appreciated as long as they are age appropriate or will at least not offend 73.45% of VMB members or a percentage equal to the Las Vegas Strip bartop theoretical payback percentage on DDB.

Myself I ALWAYS pack my lucky video poker underwear! These things have brought me more Royal Flushes than I can count. They also aren't back for turning a bad day of VP!.

rubforluck.jpeg

2. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Money!

It changes my luck from having to sit and do nothing to having money to spend!

In all seriousness, I have never brought any. I have a zippo that was my best freind's. He passed away 7 years ago at the age of 24 in a car accident, only weeks after my wedding and 1 day before my birthday. Him and I were always going to do a trip together but kept putting it off...too much money, in university ect. He was going to come and see my new house in a few days.

His sudden death made me evaluate a lot! My brother was at school in Australia at the time and when ha heard of the car accident he asked 'Oh my goodness! Was Don (me) in the car?' - It still makes me emotional thinking about this.

It was then that I decided to make memories with my brother. Days after my brother got back from Aust. We went to Vegas, and have gone most years since.

I have a zippo that I got from my friend's younger brother 'J'- who looks up to me and considers me his brother. Last year my brother and I finally got 'J' to come to Vegas with us. he loved it and would love to come again, but he has a child due in April.

I have thought about bringing the zippo (to have my friend there in spirit)...but I don't want it confiscated if I try to carry it on the plane with me...and I'm not sure if I need to do anything special with it in checked luggage.

3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris Hotel

There is a stone dragon face on some post at the Paris Hotel that people rub
    the face for good luck. I saw a lady cleaning it and she told me that lots of people like to rub it for good luck. So everytime I go into the Paris Hotel I like
    to rub it for GOOD LUCK.

Just ask the cleaning people and they will show you the location. It is located near the registration desk. LucyR.

4. SandPete

SandPete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Donny, took my zippo last trip (not sure how lucky it was...) There is a way to fly with the zippo in checked luggage. Zippo makes/made a "ZIPPO AIR CASE" marked as DOT approved for domestic flights...

5. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never ever really had a good luck charm. Maybe that's why I don't win crap and mostly donate to constant remodelling of the strip.
    But, this trip and for the first time; I bought a tiny Maneki Neko that is currently swinging from my stack of players cards. He better work, for I am running out of options for luck to be with me, and not against me! :nworthy:

6. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My diamond-studded cufflinks.

7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is my good luck charm so I bring her.

My brother-in-law brings his Godzilla figure and puts it right in front of him at the slot machine. So far the figure has brought him free rooms and slot play which equates to he lost his ass....:evillaugh

8. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't it bad luck to talk about your lucky charms?
    :evillaugh

When we Were Young
  9. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Pattie

Pattie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love a pair of shoes like the Ace of Clubs has!

11. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A rosary ring that was given to me as a wedding gift in 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.