1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What exactly can I use MLife resort credit for ??

Discussion in 'Comps' started by boboswisher, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have $400 in resort credit to use on my upcoming stay at Mirage. I left a bunch on the table last time because I assumed I could use it for items from the gift shop and to pay for the night that I wasn't being comped. Wrong! :-/ So, could someone please let me know what exactly it can be used for?? Thanks :)

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless there is some fine print restriction, you can typically use these credits for food, drinks, spa, shows, etc. Basically, anything you can pay for using express comps, you should be able to use this credit

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. HollisTheCat

HollisTheCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use it for food & drink purchased at a resturants (charged back to room obviously) and room service. Resturants does not need to be at Mirage just obviously a mLife prop. so you can charge to your room. Typically this does not include the wet/mini bar, you have to get that comped off by your host (not always but typically). You can also use it for spa/salon services. Resort Credit works just like Express Comps in a nutshell and cannot be use for the sundries store (guess you found that out the hard way!)

Side note: At check out if paying for a night you can pay with Express Comps for the stay, I added an extra night last September in MB & paid with EC as I didn't want to ask out host, already had 5 nights + F/B and extra goodies supplied.

4. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not the case for low rollers like me. I don't have host, if that matters. (in fact I believe it matters very much!)
    I had stayed at Mirage with resort credit many times. It is not as good as Express Comps and never be able to use at gift shop.
    basically just good for food and drinks.

5. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't use express comps for gift shop purchases

The plans have changed
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said, not good for retail. And does not include retail at the spa.

Most of the time, any MGM property is fine. Sometimes it is only for the one property. Clarify when you get there.

7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I should have clarified above where I listed spa, I meant for spa services and treatments, not retail

The plans have changed
  8. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AFAIK, I have a RC for Bellagio this month and was told it was only good for services/rest @ Bellagio and not for other MGM properties.
    I will definitely be asking for certain when I arrive.

9. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At MGM Grand, I was told they were good at most, but not all, restaurants on MGM/Mlife properties. Namely they were good at the MGM-owned restaurants. At check in they gave me a flyer with the list of the ones at MGM Grand that were included; and said I would need to call the hotel if I wanted to check about a restaurant at another property.

And you should check to see that it's applied (which is hard to do if you don't track everything yourself). In my case they didn't automatically apply it to some of my charges.. And when I called they first said that location wasn't MGM owned, and I had to have them look at their own flyer.

- - - Updated - - -

At MGM Grand, I was told they were good at most, but not all, restaurants on MGM/Mlife properties. Namely they were good at the MGM-owned restaurants. At check in they gave me a flyer with the list of the ones at MGM Grand that were included; and said I would need to call the hotel if I wanted to check about a restaurant at another property.

And you should check to see that it's applied (which is hard to do if you don't track everything yourself). In my case they didn't automatically apply it to some of my charges.. And when I called they first said that location wasn't MGM owned, and I had to have them look at their own flyer.

10. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past, my offers at Mandalay Bay have included resort credit that was only good at Mandalay Bay. However, since a bunch of people on messsage boards have been saying that their's was good at any MGM resort, I decided I should ask again for my upcoming trip. Here is the detailed answer I got....

"Yes, the resort credit may be used at any MGM Resort so long as they allow room charging back to Mandalay Bay/Delano. To take advantage of the resort credit, use a credit card to set up for room signing privileges at check in and then sign all your charges to your room. That way the credit will come off automatically. Resort Credit may be used on Food & Beverage at the restaurants (not in the retail stores), Spa services, residential (not travelling) show tickets, and cabana rental costs. Resort Credit CANNOT be used for: tips, retail purchases, room night expenses or daily resort fees."

So, I don't know if this has changed in the past year or so or it really depends on the offer but you should always ask either your host or the check-in person for clarification.

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just so you know

you quite literally picked

the only 2 things you can't use the resort credit for.

Oops.

12. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I've been told at Aria as well: Resort Credits are only good for on-property food/drink/spa charged to the room. During my last stay I left $100 or so in resort credit unused because I thought the food at Monte Carlo, the drinks at Luxor and the Starbucks in Crystals that I charged to my room was going to be comped by the resort credit. Lesson learned.

But definitely check, it sounds like it's not true at every property.

13. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also had the same experience during my first stay at Aria.
    The key words are "on-property ONLY ONLY ONLY". You can do room charge from other Mlife places, but the resort credit will NOT cover it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.