1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What do you miss most?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercr350

mercr350 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The burning sun on my skin.

Actually its hanging around Vegas doing multiple stuff with min sleep.

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beautiful CW's with sparkling eyes and friendly smiles asking if you want something to drink while at a crowded craps table filled with fun happy go lucky gamblers.

But mostly the Beautiful CW's with sparkling eyes and friendly smiles......

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Red Rock, but it all depends on what kind of desert experience you're looking for. If you are set on Red Rocks and up to do a little hiking, I would recommend the calico tanks hike. I did it a few years ago and as long as your comfortable with a few rock scrambles, you can see amazing views of the Vegas valley
    20170402_093155.jpg
    20170402_100236.jpg
    20170402_100554.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  4. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the photos - It really looks amazing I guess Vegas does offer more than strip lol even tho I have friends there ... just never really had chance to go “off strip” and experience whole city & it’s surrounding areas.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gus

Gus High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I miss the most is our two trips a year for our birthdays end of april/first week of may for my rosy and new years eve week for mine

and winning at wheel of fortune machine and going on 30-40 roll heaters each at the craps table while my rosy takes half my winnings and uses them at the spa the next morning.
    one time she went every day that the ladies there asked her.. "is your husband rich or something?? .. she answered "Why?".. the ladies said nobody comes in here everyday.

also miss the little things.. like earl of sandwich.. and the piano bar in harrahs and catching the shows and especially rusty the DJ and his karoake crew.. where my little rosy sings her little heart out.. my rosy even got a selfie with him and rusty welcomed her back her second time ever in vegas and made her feel at home.. he said.. "ROSE CEE OH.... I said just call her Rosy.. lol

he smile sheepishly and my rosy had a smile that never went away that whole trip

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did Petrogryph last year, it was really tame, it was also 101 outside... I'm going to do this Calico then when I get back!
    https://www.redrockcanyonlv.org/calico-basin-hike-7/

Join a Red Rock Canyon Naturalist on a hike along Calico Basin area. This wonderful hike features great views and diverse landscapes. We will review outdoor ethics along the trail and talk about how to safely enjoy and conserve the desert. We’ll also learn about some of the hardy plants and wildlife that live in Red Rock Canyon. Easy to Moderate. 3-4 miles. Ages 10+. Limited space/registration required.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first day of my trip. Getting a big breakfast at the Egg and I, and then hitting the craps tables full of optimism. Then having the adrenaline rush to play late into the night.

8. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just having all the options 24/7.

Am i gonna go eat/drink/gamble somewhere at 4 A.M. on a Tuesday morning?, most of the time the answer is no, but I LOVE knowing that if i wanted to i have that option available to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it's the what am I not going to stumble on during this trip. For example we hit up the Mob museum speakeasy this past January and we stumbled into the 100 year since prohibition celebration. They had live jazz by the "Old Fashions" https://theoldfashionslv.com/ they were really good! They also had a running video showing the police smashing of all the booze they seized and showed the bootleggers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I grew up in Boston, never seen the desert In person until I moved out to LA in the late 70's. I also drove to Vegas from LA because I wanted to see the desert on the way to Vegas. I love the West, living near the coast in Cali and close enough to experience the desert in Mojave and Vegas. I also loved hiking at Red Rock Canyon, so much so I buried some of my dads ashes when he passed away about 12 years ago (he also loved Vegas and western movies like I did). In the early days going to Vegas from late 70's/80's, there would be times I would have to swerve to avoid the Tumbleweeds....LOL.
    And yes, I used to go hiking to RRC when the city was scorching, however, RRC is usually cooler than the city because of the elevation.

If you do have time, drive out to Red Rock Canyon in the morning, take the 12 mile loop and take plenty of pic/videos. Each stop along the way you can easily hike to see running streams, Petroglyphs, Agave pits, Burros, etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ron_ron

ron_ron Low-Roller

what do I miss ?
    landing in LAS, seeing my bag on the belt, taxi to the hotel, room with a view of the energizing fountains, my first drink in the room, dressing up, walking through a mist of cologne, heading down into an all night action ....winning,then giving it all back and winning just before giving up, sinking in the bed with a smile on my face...

• Like Like x 3
  12. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gourmet dining, bonus rounds, & hand pay jackpots.

13. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The anticipation.

I live and die by my Vegas trips. I am missing my solo trips most of all. The ability to come and go as I please. Stuck in a house with hubs is fine and I'm incredibly lucky to be lockdown with my best friend, but I'm an only child and really, really like my alone time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drinking. Vp. Conversations and then going and having a great dinner to finish off the day. Rinse repeat.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We miss our full week of just letting loose, bring adults and not giving a rats ass what anyone thinks. I am on call pretty much all the time so sadly I have to keep my phone near me. In Vegas it is my one week per year where it goes away. It goes into the safe in the room and I check it maybe once per day. We totally and utterly think about what is directly in front of us. Our world shrinks down to our trip. We don't watch the news or pay much attention at all to what is happening outside of the fun we are having. That is what I miss for sure. Looking forward to that week. As much as I REALLY want to rebook our canceled March trip I cannot bring myself to do it just yet. Once I do at least I'll know that I can look forward to that feeling again. I couldn't bare booking another trip only to have to cancel it back.

Let's do this!
    Let's do this!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a lot of beauty in the desert that you just don't capture on the plane ride in. I took these photos at Red Rock last May:

20190514_095316.jpg
    20190514_100337.jpg
    20190514_093222.jpg
    20190513_091025.jpg

It was 90+ degrees out BUT if you start out in the morning, dress appropriately, bring some water, and wear a hat (made a huge difference), you'll be fine. Seriously though, a wide brim hat is an absolute game changer in the desert sun. They sell some nice ones at the gift shop at Red Rock.

My first few trips were along the lines of always wanting to be at the tables but after I started getting out and doing some exploring, I arrived at the point where I look forward to that more than the gambling.

There's also a pretty nice trail that goes to Hoover Dam which is worth the walk as well. Part of it is an old railroad path which goes by Lake Mead and THROUGH the mountains. Very cool!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

We did about half of the Historic Railroad Trail last Fall. We started from the Alan Bible Visitor Center and hiked up. You really got some great views of Lake Mead and one of the marinas. Really great hike!

Van Morrison and Birthday Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  18. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the responses.

I miss the forum a lot, one of my favorite parts of the Vegas experience. I am grateful for this forum (Sonya, mods, forum members). It's been a while. I know we do not take Vegas for granted on here but it seems you could even miss a good thing that you enjoyed every moment of.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  19. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just miss Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.