1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What cell phone do you have, want?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by DonD, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Galaxy S3 but I still miss my Crackberry Curve, like was mentioned earlier I am not big on the touch screen pad but when my Curve went South on me the replacement cost was too much more for a new one than what the Galaxy cost. I like all the app options and for some it may be a selling point but outside my Twitter, Facebook and Instagram I seldom use most of the ones not available on the Crackberry.

2. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apple fanboy here. iPhone 4S right now. Will probably get the 5S when it's released. Started with the original iPhone and gotten every other release.

3. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on my second Apple phone. I started out with a 3G shortly after it came out and finally upgraded it to the 5 when it came out last year.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smart...if I wasn't fortunate enough to have the company purchase the product, I'd do just that. I've had each one since the inception and there just isn't enough difference in each release, but every other one is another story.

5. KnotGillty

KnotGillty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

Love the multitasking features, the stylus, and all the bells & whistles. Took me weeks to learn everything the phone has to offer.

:beer:

6. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Droid 3 (I like physical keyboards but it's slim pickins')

May go to the

HTC One

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or try the Galaxy Note III if it surfaces.

I hate iPhones and will probably never purchase one unless I jailbreak it. I hate the closed system.

I don't upgrade often. Usually the next year there is minimal upgrade advantage. A friend of mine went from an iPhone 3GS to 4G to 5 with each having minimal addition to the previous. [​IMG]
    The 5 just got a 16:9 aspect ratio which has been standard forever.[​IMG]

Come on, Apple! [​IMG]

7. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Sony fans here?

I now have the xperia Z. Started with Ericsson then Sony Ericsson and now just Sony. Must admit there was a time when every new phone that came out was worse than the one before. Glad I. Didn't switch brands.

Not sure if I'm ever going to try it but my phone is WATERPROOF! Yes waterproof. Not water r resistant but waterproof. Up to half an hour underwater :-O max 1 meter deep.

8. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought one of these for my father. He's even got a SOS button which he of course accidentally pushes now and then. (if he hits the emergency button I receivea text message saying help. If I don't call him within a minute his phone automatically calls me.) first time I got a help text I thought oh shit. Now I joke to him 'if he'd like to speak to me he could also just call'

9. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    galaxy s2

had the galaxy and loved it and was looking at the s3 for a replacement last year - however the s3 had not long been out and I decided that the price they wanted for it wasn't justifird as I could get the s2 for free.

will look at the s4 or note when I replace next year.

best thing is I have an old tmobile plan that cost just over $100 a month for 3 phones - one is a simple phone only and text and the other 2 are smartphone with unlimited data, messages etc.

now I have the smartphone I don;t think I could go back to a phone only...

10. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presently I have an HTC that is too heavy. When my contract expires, I'm going to check out the new Blackberries. They're getting rave reviews from the techies. The new models aren't out in the US yet.

Agreed that I can't be without a smartphone now.

11. justvisiting

justvisiting Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have just an old farts phone. Flip phone, so no pocket dialing, ICE button, 911 atuo button, big buttons, well lit. Wouldn't even have that but after I lost my Michael 3 years ago my stepson and DiL worried about all the walking I did and insisted to the point of adding me to their plan($10 per month). No text, no camera, just a phone. Have to admit having it does make me feel more secure and it was a huge help in Vegas with DiL last year (are you up yet?, meet me at X,etc.)

Cheryl

12. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Well I realized that I don't talk much on a cell phone so do I really need 450 minutes a month? The most I ever talked on the phone was for 23 minutes and that was in 2007. Don't really need all those fancy cute apps and all the things I needed to do I can do it on my iPod Touch. My grandpa phone is very reliable with great battery life. Most importantly it has very low SAR and if I lose it or break it, no big deal. Darn thing only sets me back some $40 on ebay. Also now I only spend $40 to $80 per year on my cell phone bill! Back then it would be around $100 and that is for just a month excluding taxes.

13. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nokia Lumia 710 Windows Phone for me. Was my first smartphone, free after rebate through T-Mobile. Was very easy to learn, but a few gripes - although it's a Windows phone, it doesn't use a Windows media player, so all those digital copies of dvd's and blu rays are not playable. Gets a lousy/no signal inside almost any building (except for home), especially in Vegas. Memory isn't expandable, but I can carry an extra battery in my wallet so it's rarely an issue of needing to be charged. Small, light, takes decent photos. Will probably upgrade to the newest Windows during my next renewal period, since they've addressed a few of my issues since roll-out and it is so damn easy to use.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.