1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What are your travel plans for 2021?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jan 12, 2021.

1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good bit of what we've programmed in looks like what was nuked last year, with some tweaks here and there.

In April I'm heading down to the old haunts and meeting two friends as we did last October, so we'll get in several days of golf, eat cow at Hitching Post and hit a few wineries. One of the guys is a some-time bicyclists like me and this time he's going to bring his bike so we can ride to the beach a few mornings.

My wife and I will be back in Lompoc the next month for a long weekend so we can play in one of our favorite charitable events, the annual hospital fundraiser. (By May we might actually have been elevated to a high enough category to get the vaccine and hopefully enough others will have so the event doesn't have to be cancelled again.)

Portland for the 4th of July weekend.

I'm back doing the annual Bend trip with some of the guys. I'll do the first game at Autzen Stadium the Saturday before Labor Day then head over the Cascades for four or five nights of golf, great food, bueno brews and some bike rides. The original thought was to try to do this like my aborted (early) 60th celebration with everyone last year but it's now gonna be more "normal" because ...

We're no longer campers and we don't venture out on trans-Sierra backpacking excursions but it hit us that if we're not heading to foreign shores we need to try to do a better job of maximizing our enjoyment of this nation's amazing natural places. My wife has never been to Grand Teton or Yellowstone NPs, so I'm going to drive over from Bend to Jackson -- with all our gear -- where she'll fly in. We're working on the itinerary now and it looks like three nights in Jackson or the ski resort, three or four nights at one of the GT park lodges and three nights in Yellowstone.

The holidays look like a mirror of what we attempted last year. We'll do Thanksgiving with the family in Indian Wells. Christmas south of Tucson with my in-laws and up to GC and Zion for three nights at each. We were able to get the El Tovar Suite at El Tovar for two of our GC nights, so top floor suite with a massive balcony on the edge of the canyon. It ain't cheap but it's only money. We're moving the third night to one of the historic cabins at Bright Angel Lodge. Then Zion.

If the ICSC conference happens to come together in '21 we'll do several days in Vegas.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Northern Asia (Japan, Jeju Island, Philippines, Macau) in April

Southern Asia (Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Macau) later in the year

Europe (London, Paris, Glasgow, Dublin) possible (makeup with my son)

Canada (Windsor, Toronto, Montreal), Boston if not Europe.

Reno, Tahoe, Las Vegas if nothing else.

HGS Weekend #2!!!!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We have a loose plan to try again with the itinerary for San Juan Islands to celebrate my birthday last October. It had to be cancelled because I got sick. Probably in early spring if we get a patch of relatively nice weather.

Dan has to take at least 3.5 weeks of vacation from work this year, so I'm hoping for the best that we can get vaccines and restrictions will be lifted and we can do some wandering. But I'm not booking anything yet. Just dreaming and keeping my fingers crossed so far.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  4. Bond

Bond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoping to retry one of my 2 Europe trips that were cancelled towards the end of the year, and then hopefully the other in spring of 2022. Also keeping my fingers crossed at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who knows at this point. Vegas for sure. When the vaccine was first announced, we discussed a bigger family gathering at Lake Tahoe this summer. But with the rollout slowed, we are now hoping for maybe somewhere closer (Greenbrier or Sea Island are the top contenders). Going to visit other family in Panama City in June. Anything else will probably be a last minute plan

• Like Like x 3
  6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have Vegas booked for June-July and a back-up for December.

Prob 50/50 June goes ahead, and more hopeful December could be a go.

Not even worrying about it at the moment, though... Que sera, sera :)

Circa Shenanigans!!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sending off my passport to be renewed and once I have it back, I am looking to work from Mexico for maybe 3 months, staying in a long term Air BnB just to get the hell out of my apartment.

Anything else, who knows. Depends on where Americans will be allowed in by the end of the year. I want to go to Turkey (currently letting us in!) and Turkmenistan (currently have zero international flights in or out of the country/have closed all land borders)

• Like Like x 7
  8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh crap, it's 2021 already. *adds renew passports to ever growing ToDo List* ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Snowshoe, WV for skiing next week.
    Vegas for Easter.
    Philippines for 2.5 weeks in July assuming I'm allowed to go by their government. If it doesn't open up, Mexico.
    Vegas weekend before Columbus Day.
    College Football tour all this fall. Locations TBD.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of our travel plans are things we planned to do in 2020.

LV and a few days in Death Valley in March with back up dates in April.
    Indy 500 for Memorial Day.
    Family reunion in June.
    LV for Halloween with a side trip to either Joshua Tree or Zion.

Bonus trip is 10 days split between Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon NPs.

Van Morrison and Birthday Trip
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoops.....mine expired yesterday. :eek:

Not that I plan on using it, but still, I should probably bring it up to date.

Back in my airline days, we were able to get expedited renewals. I suppose it doesn't really matter now, though.

12. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    getting married in LV in May, Turks and Caicos in June, Vermont in August for a golf trip, Hopefully another LV trip in the fall

• Like Like x 3
  13. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to do my passport too - doesn't expire until March 2022 but we have a Dec 2021 trip booked for the Galapagos and Ecuador (and Delta, usually) require 6m past trip on a passport. Given delays they've had this year, I want to make sure I submit early.

Right now, no plans other than Dec (and we can cancel without penalty through Sept I think). The trade show we usually do in Feb was rebooked for Oct in Vegas but we don't know if we want to go. We've been having the same discussion for 4-5 years now on the cost-benefits of the show and it looks like it might be one of the COVID casualties for us. On the other hand, it's possible that there could be delayed purchases, so we're keeping an open mind so far.

I do have a ton of vacation accrued since I took barely any this year - I'll have to keep checking (I can't remember my max right now) but I refuse to lose vacation time. I'll sit at home and read if necessary (that's how I used up my discretionary days that DON'T roll over - took off between xmas and new year's).

Thinking about Mozambique in 2022 and a long trip to the UK in 2023.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Other than Vegas once or twice....nowhere.

Getting reconnected with family and friends is at the top of my list.

A year lost...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still on for Costa Rica in March if they let us in. Booked Bally's in Vegas for mid April but no airfare yet.

Working on a trip to Newfoundland in August if Canada lets us in.

• Like Like x 2
  16. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plans are great if I can get them to happen is another.

Jan - FL
    Jan - VA
    Feb - Vegas
    Feb- Biloxi
    July - Alaska Cruise - about a 1% chance it will actually sail
    Sept - West Coast Mexico Cruise
    Nov - Caribbean Cruise

Two more trips to Vegas will happen but not sure when, hopefully when shows are back open

• Like Like x 1
  17. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably a few Vegas trips and not much else besides visiting nearby states once we're allowed to again. I always dream of big travel but for now I'll take the small time stuff. Of course deals too great to refuse will be considered.

A low strip trip? Could be….
    Boom! A comp arrives and I can’t say no
    • Like Like x 1
  18. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not until summer I suppose. That'll give me six months to get at least one if not both knees done. Maybe start hitting the little white pill around again. As much as I want to travel to see sights, cities and friends, I'd forego for a year if society could return to something normal. I just wanna see the kid and his kids again before they have their own kids. They're 14 and 16!

19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ordered Save the Date cards hoping we can celebrate my 60th in August in Vegas but that will be dependent on vaccine. We plan to celebrate Christmas in Vegas and hope to go to Aruba in the fall. We aren’t booking or making any plans for anything pending vaccine. We arranged to have a pool installed this summer anticipating we may not be over the virus yet so lots of time will be in Puerto Backyarda this summer.

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Like Like x 6
  20. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff, kids, keep it coming.

Ha, just remembered that Yosemite is within the can-drive limits here in Covidfornia. We might just do a day trip to the Sierra this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1