1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What annoys you the most?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by danielamsterdam, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

it's not up to a dealer or pit critter to offer up unsolicited advice or comment on someones play or remark by a player
    unless said player was cursing profusely... then they will politely tell them to tone it down....

you should know this if you have been playing for 12 years.....

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assumed the OP was from the Jersey area.

3. luridludicloco

luridludicloco High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you are right to ask. It would not be convenient to you, though, as it seems you are in Florida. For people going to Las Vegas from Manhattan it wold be more convenient to just cross the Hudson (ferry, Path, GW Bridge, Lincoln or Holland tunnels, yacht, sea plane, whatever) than the agony of dealing with airports and long flights.

My bad, as the millennials like to say (no millennial me). I should have just said I am annoyed by airports and long flights, long being defined as over an hour. :D

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my vegas annoyance is the same as anywhere else.
    -Browsers...GET OUT OF THE LINE!! (if you don't know what you want to eat, buy, or do..do NOT get in line!!)
    -Non Multi-taskers...if you can't walk and talk at the same time...kill yourself now, avoid the rush.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I consider a flight to be long if you spend more time in the air than in the airport before you leave.

6. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What bothers me the most is that my trips are so far apart. However, starting in 2017 I'll be going twice per year.

I need a vacation from my vacations
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it possible to spend more time in the air than airport? If traveling within continental USA of course. Wow wee

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just thinking how it would be a great (and amusing) tactic if the people in the elevator would come together and form a human blockade at the door just when it opens. Then the elevator rushers would encounter this blockade and then a pushing match would ensue. Sort of like they do in Rugby.

It's amazing how consideration, common sense, and civility gets thrown out the window when one is on vacation. (I'm guilty of this at times).:p

• Like Like x 1
  9. luridludicloco

luridludicloco High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the greatest annoyances I have experienced in Las Vegas is going back to a breakfast buffet that offered a great variety of fruit when it was new, and shockingly find that they had eliminated the papaya. :grrr:

10. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh? You lost me there dmr. We get to the airport 2 hours before departure time and the flight is 3.5-4 hrs. I thought you were in the Midwest, also.

12. Natural21

Natural21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is so true. I let these idiots run into me. Then they look at me like I am in the wrong. Without a phone in their hand, these beauties are lost!
    Good luck. :beer::beer:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh ok thanks for the reply..and I'm one of the younger Baby Boomers originally from NJ myself (hence the xnj)
    Yes I hate the long and costly trip and no nonstop from my home airport..missed your point.:thumbsup:

14. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing I just thought of..An BJ dealer that holds his last card up with the palm of his hand and let it slowly drop down to view..One guy did it to me recently and I asked him to please stop.I don't care if it wins my hand or loses it,I don't need the added suspense..
    Anyone else experience this or did I just gets a couple dealers who think it's a cool way of dealing?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess i can understand. Just place the card quickly down. Take my money if you're gonna do it, do it quick then.

What really annoys me is when im playing and I have an itch in the middle of my back somewhere and scratching wont do as it is a hair follicle poking your skin trapped underneath the shirt fabric.
    Especially if I got a dress shirt tucked in. I gotta go to the restroom to take off my shoit so I can inspect and remove that annoying hair follicle

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the problem is, even if you're inclined to dodge them, they drift randomly. So I stopped bothering. They usually have just enough peripheral vision to stop before they walk into you. At which point, you can go around me, thanks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, a lot of young dealers think it's standup comedy.

Another one: Ever notice how kids drift directly into your path? It's like they have some sort of homing radar.

18. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not just in Vegas but cell phones. People in stores that have to shop the entire time with the phone glued to the side of their head. Plus talk so loud that you can hear their entire conversation. I really don't care about Aunt Ethel's hemorrhoids. -- A recent conversation overhead in the Dollar Tree.

Also people in restaurants that can't put the darn things down. For heaven's sake enjoy the meal. And in Vegas put it away and enjoy the company you are with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

A couple weeks ago I saw a group of younger guys that had obviously rented a few scooters blasting around the strip without much regard for folks walking, I just shook my head and carried on.

A few hours later I see that same group of guys (obviously drunk at this point ) in an alley between Ballys and Paris playing crash up derby with those things, one of the funniest things I've seen in Vegas

20. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    having to eventually go home... that bugs the crap out of me!

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.