1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Westgate question...

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by J McEwen, Jun 11, 2019.

1. J McEwen

J McEwen Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we’ Staying at the Westgate this time. Never been there so we’re wondering if there are rooms we should avoid or anything else about the place we should know. Thanks in advance, you guys are always so helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avoid the time share sales people.
    Video Poker ain't that good there. Best games are 8/5 BP and 9/7 DB.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's full pay Jacks and 9/6 DDB. Good beer, too.

J, it's a crapshoot there. We had one of the recently "remodeled" rooms and the look was fine but we had consistent shower problems and I heard the same from others. I'd be very specific at check in that you are aware of recent problems and you want to avoid that. They also seem real keen on uncharging for upgrades, so forewarned. And do NOT get a room near any of the elevator banks.

We were there last month and also played there in April.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. zignerlv

zignerlv High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not any more. They've been removed.

The time share people have been a pain for us, but an employee there told me that they've been toned down. On our last visit, last year, they weren't nearly as aggressive.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Not that we planned to return after our room snafus, but good beer and FP Jacks do make my wife happy.

6. fugsworth

fugsworth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed there a couple times, and while the mere presence of timeshare people is annoying, I've found they leave me alone as long as I respond with a polite but firm "No thanks" (and refuse to slow down).

7. LuckyDuckyDan

LuckyDuckyDan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These people hunt you down as you go to/from the room elevators. Do not engage them. Do not make speak to them. Do not make eye contact. Treat them like the people selling miscellaneous skin care products in the mall at home. Just pretend they don't exist.

If you can bring/wear headphones to wear as you enter/leave the elevators, you will be much less hassled. You don't need to listen to anything. Just put them in/on your ears so they don't try to accost you.

8. LindaS

LindaS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just don't look or talk to timeshare people and when you check in don't let let show you to your room because they are trying to sell you a timeshare.We encountered very crowded and slow elevators so take them up and then take them down and if it is crowded it is faster.I always do that now after we waited 15 minutes and every elevator was full.

9. Don the Dentist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken - vpFREE2 does not show any 9/6 Jacks. I know they downgraded the $1 9/6 Jacks, that were located between the sports book and the slot club counter, about a year ago.
    Have they put some back in?

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As of April, 2018 and April, 2019, they have majorly backed off of the hard-sell timeshare drek. For LVCC events, I switched from staying at Westgate to SLS because of this, among a few other things. Last year I met some cohorts who were staying there and never once was I accosted. In 2017 they were THICK, blocking every choke point, and hitting on solo women, among everyone else with a pulse.

11. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bank of six, off to the right going into the book, before getting to the deli/bar. As I said, they were there about four weeks ago. Timeshare hawks were persistent during both visits this year.

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up! I guess I can scratch that for LVCC events for a while. :(

13. Don the Dentist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Ken. I'll have to check it out next time I'm there.

14. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very seldom even here this place mentioned anymore. In the ole’ days had a great sports book, do they still?

15. gailtherese

gailtherese Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Italian restaurant is really good!! (Next to Edge Steakhouse). Lyft over to the Stratosphere and check out The 107 Lounge - great view; and a minimal Lyft charge. Sexxy is a good show if you’re into that sort of thing. (10 PM at the Westgate)....

16. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sports book was remodeled top to bottom a couple years ago and is considered one of the best, if not the best in town.

TomTWI

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jimmmy4

jimmmy4 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to VPFree2, they pulled all 6 of those as well as most other good machines this month.

• Agree Agree x 1