1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Well, this was a bad beat...

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by rustytrombone1027, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustytrombone1027

rustytrombone1027 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was playing 1/2 at the Borgata in AC (Not Vegas related, but you guys will enjoy a good groan with me) yesterday and had A/9 Clubs on the button. Player in early position makes it $10, three callers in front of me, so I call with suited A as does BB, so six to the flop into 60'ish pot. 3/5 of clubs with random card gets checked all the way around. Turn is the 6 of clubs. Player bets $30, fold/fold player raises to $120. I jam my 300 or so to scoop pot and protect some random two pair boating up. To my surprise, both players call. Dealer puts out 6 of spades on the river to pair the board and make me think two pair or set just got there. I flip over my ace high flush, player to my left (who raised to $30) shows King high flush, other player who raised to $120 shows................

.............wait for it............

4/7 of clubs. Oof!

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain, something similar happened to me in Las Vegas and I just posted about it a couple days ago. You played it the right way and there is nothing you can do sometimes.

I hope you are not gun-shy in the future.

3. rustytrombone1027

rustytrombone1027 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gun shy? Hell no! Played 10 more hours until 5am this morning and got it all back and then some. Mostly at Harrah's though (friend had comped room so showed them much love this weekend). IMG_0380.JPG IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0379.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Poker and Hot Dogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've all been on both sides of those types of hands... good for you for keeping your head straight, not tilting away the rest of your cash, and making a good comeback. Best that could have happened after the bad beat you described. I'd probably need to take at least a few hours away from the table to clear my head after a monster like that, even at a 1/2 game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.