1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Welcome to Las Vegas Sign?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Mom2JoMoLa, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Mom2JoMoLa

Mom2JoMoLa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrive on Saturday morning around 8 am. Booking a limo from airport to strip hotel. Since it is way early to check in, thought about adding a stop at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign for a photo op. Just curious, is there going to be a long line this early in the morning on a Saturday in December? Probably will skip if there is, but just curious is anyone has an idea about the wait time. Thanks!

2. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt anyone knows for sure. UK people are allowed to visit by then. Wynn CEO was on CNBC saying they have a surge of bookings from the UK. Who knows what will happen to COVID. You'll probably get a better idea in mid November.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt there will be any kind of line at 8am. Plus, keep in mind that there really isn't a line there. I have seen plenty of people line up and wait to pay a person stading there to take their picture. But those people don't work for the county. You aren't required to wait in any kind of line. You can walk right past the line and take your own pic. I have done that multiple times. There is plenty of space there to take pics from different spots. Just don't photobomb anyone and you will be fine

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no official line. Anyone taking pictures of people is just some grifter trying to get money.

Find a spot and take a picture off to the side.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steveks225

steveks225 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drove by there yesterday morning about 8:30. There were more people than you'd think would be there at that time of morning, and there was an Elvis impersonator standing in front of the left side of the sign probably trying to cash in on the visitors. With an exception for stopping for breakfast at the Peppermill, I drove down Las Vegas Boulevard all the way from Carson Street to past I-215. There is still road construction from downtown to about Spring Mountain and a little bit again between Flamingo and Tropicana, and now there is a stoplight with a green arrow where you can make a left turn into the Peppermill without taking one more gamble in Las Vegas.