1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weird dates maybe? Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by 63hearts, Sep 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok,

So I'm not from the US but this is sort of a dates/vegas question. If Thanksgiving this year is Nov 26 is Sunday Nov 29 Thanksgiving day that people actually celebrate?

I'm booked to arrive on the 29th and wondering if its going to be quiet or nuts or what because of the holiday, I'm going to stay downtown first two nights (not booked, GN or Plaza maybe havent decided) and second two at bellagio.

2. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regular society Thanksgiving is pretty crazy in Vegas. Make your reservations now for any sort of Thanksgiving reservations just in case. Buffet lines are like 2 hours if you don’t have a higher status with the players club, but many are doing the reservation thing now. I personally love going out for Thanksgiving since there is great sports going on... But not this year... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. When I was a Vegas newbie years ago my ex and I thought we'd come in for Thanksgiving because we thought it wou'dnt be so busy and I wanted to be there for the NFL games and other betting opportunities. Boy were we wrong. We were staying at Palazzo and thought we'd try Wynn buffet - it was 2 hour wait just to get to stand in line. Ditto Bacchanal. Ended up having an OK meal at Yardbird, but I would definitely say only come if you don't mind crowds - how it would be this year is anyone's guess, but I doubt the buffets are back open other than the few that have with weird options.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ebonecapone

ebonecapone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always celebrate on Thanksgiving day, so this year is Nov 26th. Sunday the 29th will still be busy due to holiday and NFL football. I assume the 29th though a lot of people will be leaving to get back home by Monday, but alot of people will be there for NFL and go home Monday.

Fall Football Weekend
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virtually every 3 - 4 day holiday weekend you can count on being busy, especially the major holidays such as thanksgiving. You will have an extremely large number driving from california and Arizona as well. And with the major buffet's being closed, it will mean the other restaurants will have to absorb those people, and because of the holiday, it is usually larger groups with slower turnover.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chrisbeans

Chrisbeans Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer your question, no. We celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday, November 26 and not Sunday, November 29. Granted, many people will have both Thursday and Friday off, so it will be a long weekend. I don’t think it will too “nuts” on Sunday as many will most likely be leaving town.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The holiday is always observed on the 4th Thursday of November.

This makes it an extra-long holiday weekend each year

The 29th will be a "clear out" day.

You're not likely to run into much of a crowd if you're there from the 29th - Dec 3rd.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the Sunday is always hit or miss. After that everything should be pretty okay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at the Stratosphere over Thanksgiving weekend last year. Went up into the tower each day. Friday: busy. Saturday: somewhat busy. Sunday: nobody there at all. Bartender told me everybody clears out on Sunday morning.

10. Jimgotkp

Jimgotkp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree about making reservations in advance this year. With limited seating and no one knowing how things might look like then, it's best to make dinner reservations right now. Most likely, they might have a fixed menu that day so something to be aware of.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.