1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weekend eating

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Girlie, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie

Girlie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best inexpensive places to eat on weekends

2. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chipotle

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your definition of inexpensive/your budget?

4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like buffets, save them for weekdays (unless you need something specific on the weekend menu), and hit regular restaurant's on weekends. Most regular restaurants cost the same on weekends or weekdays, but buffets can be close to double...for not necessarily double the pleasure of what you'd get on a weekday.

On inexpensive though...no idea what your target is... $10 or less a plate, $20 or less, etc. Or what end of the strip you're targeting. (Or what type of food you like!)

My top weekend frugal pics are:
    1) Splitting the beef carpaccio appetizer at Olives In Bellagio...$21 for two, substantial, and tastes/feels luxurious and a pretty atmosphere.

2) Splitting steak nachos at Diablo's (MC). $22 and more than most two people can ever eat (and heavy on the goodies vs. Chips.)

3) looking up happy hour menus around where you're staying.

4) earl of sandwich (PH) or Bobby's Burger Palace (by cosmo) are on the fast food end on price, but decent food.

5) there is a little place in the shops at PH that gives a $4.99 per item (salad, entree etc.) And it's a more formal sitdown place. We keep meaning to try it every trip.

Plenty of deals to be had, even in Vegas, if you research.... I know you'll find a winner! :)

PS I'm a strip gal, if youre on fremont, tons of options from what I've read on many postings...just poke around on different food/eating strings...

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  5. Girlie

Girlie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are staying at Paris, looking at spending $10-$20 a plate per person and planning on saving buffets for weekdays as we have 2 for 1

6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With that budget, your best options near Paris are, IMO, 550 Pizza or Noodles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.