1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wedding Dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by shawn_d, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawn_d

shawn_d Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi VMB!
    I'm getting married in June and am looking for a place for dinner for a group of 10... An suggestions on the strip or even off? Thanks

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell us a bit more so folks can help.

Where are you staying? Where are guests staying?

What sort of budget or type of place are you looking for?

Is the dinner right after the actual wedding? Where is the wedding?

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What nostresshere said. :)

Without any info to go on, I know some people who were very happy with a wedding dinner for about 15-20 people at Maggiano's.

4. shawn_d

shawn_d Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wedding is at the Wynn... We are staying at the Venetian and most everyone else will be at Luxor and TI. The wedding is on a Tuesday at 1PM - the meal doesn't have to follow immediately. Everyone is in their 30's and there are three chef's in the party... My initial idea was Michael Mina...

5. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not go any further than V/P, TI,Mirage or Wynn. No sense running all over town just for dinner. If you are wearing fancy clothes, I would lean towards V/P. Will you want to just do dinner, or a cocktail recep prior to that? Since folks are already dressed up (my assumption) I would lean towards an earlier dinner. Since it is June, that rules out an outdoor dinner for most people. The Luxor folks will have to hang around till dinner or go back to hotel and back to dinner? Being a Tuesday afternoon, traffic should be fine.

6. shawn_d

shawn_d Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of hauling everyone up to our room for a few drinks and such... Not sure if my gf is going to wear the puffy dress to dinner or switch into something else, but I imagine it's going to be miserable in the June heat with too much running around. I will have a car if that makes it any better?

7. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW Steakhouse does have a private room that can seat at least 10 people. Not sure if that's something you're interested in.

8. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When my friend got married in Vegas we all had dinner after at Batista's. Very good food (though some think otherwise), and they can easily seat 10. And it's not real hoity toity so they won't mind a group that is clearly celebrating. Free wine always helps too. And Gordy!!!!

TFK

9. BlackEight88

BlackEight88 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After my wedding last summer we had the reception at grand lux cafe at the palazzo in the private room with 50 people. Food was great and the best deal we found. With only ten people you could probably go a little fancier. We had a dinner with 8 of as at Lago at the bellagio and that was good too (great views of the fountains)

10. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope.

Neither you nor your guests will be excited about dealing with Valet... getting everyone together... drinking and driving....etc.

With so many choices available without a car - skip that part.

There are many restaurants on or near the Grand Canal and St Marks Square that could be cool. See map

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We held our vow renewal dinner at Alize at Palms. I highly recommend it; excellent food, beautiful strip views, wonderful service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.