1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

weak husband = new kitten

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love cats.... roasted, grilled, or even deep fried, they are wonderful.

Nick:beer:

2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/LolaDoggie/

I updated the photobucket with pics I took yesterday.

Jack and Max are getting along well and have since last weekend. There isn't the big cuddling and sleeping together that went on with Max and Oscar. Jack seems more independent and confident. He's pretty well behaved. No more pant leg and curtain climbing.

Thanks for all the replies.

Ali & Mr.JJ. ; that's how my mother ended up with her cat. She decided she like my mother's house better than the neighbour's and moved in. My mother fought it for 6 months but eventually gave in. Turned out to be a very loyal cat, even died around the same time as my mother.

3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take back the "well behaved" comment. He's discovered my Vegas shrine :nono: I guess I have to put it away until he's older :cry:

4. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's just pointing out that you are his human and he is far more important than your foolish human desires. Cats are like kids... God made them cute so you wouldn't kill them.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little update on Jack.

We're suspecting at this point that he's half Maine Coon. We only put that together in the last few weeks. The lady at the farm where we got him said his mother is so big they thought she was a male and she has long hair. (she had been dumped out there pregnant and didn't let them get near her until she was ready to have the kittens, then she allowed them to bring her in the house) He's built very square and his paws are enormous. A few days after we got him I noticed his paws were bigger than Max's. Max isn't a big cat, on the slim side and 10 lbs. His longer fur is starting to come in, especially on his chest. We never wanted a long haired cat but that's what you get when you make a snap decision. I'm getting him used to being groomed.

He's going to eat us out of house and home. In the month we've had him, he's eaten over 10 lbs of dry cat food by himself (not counting canned food and whatever he can scam out of us). We had to break him of his habit of doing anything to get to your plate of food. He's not picky either, his true love is steak but he'll eat a potato or a noodle if he can get it. He was gone to the vet from Monday to Thursday a few weeks ago getting neutered and whatnot, I never had to refill the dry food dish the whole time he was gone.
    If something happens to us and they don't find our bodies right away...I have no doubt that Jack won't starve.

Otherwise he's a lovely kitty. He's the only cat I've ever known to allow me to smooch the hell out of his belly. I'm not saying he enjoys it, but he allows it. He has a very sweet personality. No biting, no mood swings. He's been good for Max. He's well behaved, no waking me up at night.

6. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like the perfect spouse. :wink

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cat we had when I was a child was a Maine Tabby Coon and he was gorgeous! He was a slob and hated to be combed plus he was indoor/outdoor, so we ended up having to shave him quite a few times. Every cat I've had or seen since seems tiny:peace:

8. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite cat was our 27 pound Maine coon cat, belvedere. He was a gentle giant and I think he thought he was a dog... He would follow me wherever I went and he was a true talker (not a meower, but he got his point across).

Good luck with your kitties.

Beth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.