1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

We finally made it! A Vegas TR June 1-4, 2021

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by VaDreamer, Jun 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report so far. Love all of your pics. I too am interested in hearing what you thought of the stadium and I can't wait to hear about Amalfi. I have reservations there for the end of the month.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff so far!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola El Jefe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR and I'm digging all the great pics. :clap::clap::clap:

Dec 23rd - Dec 26th
    Last Solo Trip of my bachelorhood. Wedding is set for June 2022.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. VaDreamer

VaDreamer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tour was good and we were both glad for something different to do. We aren't Raiders "fans", but thought it would be cool to go to the stadium and look around. It was a lot of walking and I really liked being able to go down on the field. That was very cool. We did not pay for the extra cocktail add-on and I'm glad we didn't, as we were ready to head back to our hotel after the 75 minute tour.

• Like Like x 4
  5. VaDreamer

VaDreamer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did end up going to the pool yesterday afternoon. Funny story, there was a group of young men in the pool and they were being really loud and laughing and taking pictures. I watched them for a little bit and one of the guys who was the loudest was saying he was "buck naked" and he was holding up what appeared to be a piece of blue fabric. Well, they were all laughing and I just thought he was kidding and I didn't pay them any more attention. After about an hour, my husband texted me to say he was back from poker so I decided to leave the pool. At the elevator bank, one of the guys that had been in the pool was talking to me and asked if I had seen what happened to him. I said I saw him in the pool but didn't know what was going on. He explained that he was with his friends for a bachelor party and his friends had given him new swim trunks. The swim trunks turned out to be the type that dissolve when they are in water. As it turns out, he WAS naked in the pool! I guess his friends gave him some extra shorts to use so that he could get out of the pool. I'm not sure how they hoodwinked him into wearing the "new" trunks, but I thought it was a genius idea. LOL! They did all of this and he wasn't even the groom. I laughed all the way up the hallway and said to myself "only in Vegas".

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. VaDreamer

VaDreamer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner at Amalfi was terrific. My husband isn't an overly adventurous eater and I could tell when he looked at the menu that he was thinking he wasn't going to find anything that he liked to eat. He likes seafood, but doesn't particularly like fish and this restaurant is very "fish-centric". After having beef at Delmonico the night before, we weren't looking for another steak night so we just went with the pasta and didn't order what would be considered a "main" dish of protein. We tried to start the dinner with the roasted prawns but they were out of those so we started the meal by sharing the Amalfi chopped salad! I like salads, alot, and this salad was fabulous. The light lemon vinaigrette and ricotta salata cheese was to die for. I forgot to take a picture of the presented bowl of salad, but did remember to take a picture of the salad on my plate. We ate absolutely every bite. We then ordered pasta. I have to say the pasta servings were the perfect size. Unfortunately, they aren't particularly photogenic, but I'll post the pictures anyway. My husband had the Agnolotti and I had the Scialatielli (sp?). Both were delicious but my husband's Agnolotti was fabulous. He said he could have eaten 2 servings. He doesn't typically eat a lot of food and to say could eat more really meant something. We finished with two desserts. The tiramisu and a lemon cake. Both wonderful. The meal was delicious, and the atmosphere was welcoming. Most of the staff are either former Mesa employees or staff from Bobby's restaurant from The Palms (Shark). We chatted with the former Shark GM (I think that's what he said he was). Nice guy! I'd go back to Amalfi in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. VaDreamer

VaDreamer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    D0381CBC-5517-4045-AB29-077A2E9389FC.jpeg 4423284A-86C0-49D2-9CAD-29BC91DC3CE1.jpeg 4D0F14A2-379D-4770-B44E-75E6A4D95F2A.jpeg B4DC2E9C-7082-4880-AA35-604060ED5F9D.jpeg A4D72FA5-195A-492D-A274-E9B6CDB14042.jpeg 38952E1B-21A3-4553-A6AB-ED7AF8DED767.jpeg 54EB3A03-BC0E-49D4-95BB-E1D22A9B9B8F.jpeg 2E53F3AC-9820-41D6-9313-BA23198209C4.jpeg E876197D-9C96-43B0-BA2A-895B5809ADC0.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  8. VaDreamer

VaDreamer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After dinner we walked (yes, walked) back to Palazzo. I proceeded to lose more $ so I decided to shut down the gambling and return to the room and pack up for our early morning flight home.

• Like Like x 1
  9. VaDreamer

VaDreamer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a great quick get away. The crowds were not oppressive and everyone we came in contact with was nice and friendly. We had a fabulous experience with a cab driver that took us from Cosmo to Allegiant Stadium. His name was Bryan and his business card says "Las Vegas Taxi". He was very personable and chatty and just a fun driver. I told him I was concerned about finding a cab for the return trip from Allegiant and he said he'd come back and pick us up. He gave me his card with phone number. I called him after the tour and within 10 minutes he was there to pick us up. Great customer service. He asked questions about the stadium and said he wanted to take his son who had just graduated from high school and I hope he does. He seemed like a really nice guy. We used cabs exclusively this trip, as I didn't want to have to waste precious Vegas time waiting for rideshare drivers. All cabs were clean and drivers were courteous.

My next trip is meeting up with a girlfriend who enjoys Vegas as much as I do. I arrive July 4. Can't believe I'll be back in 29 days, but I'm making up for lost Vegas time and I need to use up my accumulated 7 weeks of PTO. Thanks for sticking with me and hope I could contribute just a little to this fine board.

• Like Like x 16
  10. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Thanks.

Final trip of 2021 —- ho-ho-ho
    • Like Like x 1
  11. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed all your details....thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  12. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola El Jefe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed your (first) TR. :clap::clap::clap: That’s a cool story about having such a great, and reliable, cab driver; save that card for the future. Thanks for sharing; looking forward to more TRs in the future.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Dec 23rd - Dec 26th
    Last Solo Trip of my bachelorhood. Wedding is set for June 2022.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. WWGB

WWGB High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it was seeing Hudson News at the airport. Just a little sign that things might be getting back to normal (at least in the US). Thanks for sharing your trip experience with us!

• Like Like x 1
  14. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. Sounds like you had a lovely time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and pictures. Thanks for sharing your Amalfi experience.
    Plan on going there. Glad you had a great time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome report! Thanks for posting the pics of the Allegiant Stadium tour! I plan to do that next month, and am excited about it. Do you know if it's easy to get a cab or Uber/Lyft back from there? (I saw that you took your original cab back). It would be a very long walk back to Paris. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Burnsie

Burnsie High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a great trip! Now I really can't wait to get out there!

Harrah's ATLANTIC CITY
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the great report!
    Good times! :D

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  19. VaDreamer

VaDreamer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We didn't try Uber or Lyft because we had arranged the pick up with the cab driver, thankfully. Before we left for the tour, I was concerned about getting a return trip and was so thankful that we scored with a good cab driver who was willing to pick us up for the return trip. I had actually looked up youtube videos to understand the walk to/from the stadium to Mandalay Bay and was thankful we didn't have to do that. If we couldn't get an Uber or cab from the Stadium, our plan was to walk to MB and cab it from there. To answer your question though, I did NOT see any cabs waiting around (we were dropped off at the North entrance, I believe), but I did observe a rideshare car dropping off some people. I would definitely try to schedule an Uber/Lyft if you can. The tour is 75 minutes from the time you start (if you aren't doing the cocktail add on) so factor that in to your pickup time. Good luck!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That lemon cake was super cute. It looked great!

I'll be in California and Vegas is like...right THERE. So...
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.