1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Walking to Neon Boneyard from FSE.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Happygirl21, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A group of four of us will be going to NB for a Saturday evening tour (8pm). I know it's not far from FSE but is it a safe walk? There will be 2 ladies and 2 men.

Thanks!

My boy's 21st Birthday count down is on!
  2. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I walked the opposite way (NB to Mob Museum) with no issues. I felt safe enough, streets are wide and well lit, you shouldn't have an issue - stay sensibly 'Vegas aware' and you should be fine.

Caesars Virgin
    Vow renwal
  3. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have walked it in the day time. It was fine. I wouldn't recommend walking it at night.

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this 100% - daytime, yes. Nighttime - no. The area surrounding the Boneyard is sketchy and your safety is worth more than the few bucks you'll spend on a taxi. The employees at the Boneyard are really nice and can help you call for a taxi on the way back, or you can use Uber. I would err on the side of caution.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good enough, thanks guys. Better safe than sorry!

• Like Like x 1
  6. freez111

freez111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it by myself in the daytime and was a bit uncomfortable but no issues...afterward it was getting dark and i Ubered back.
    With a group i would do it with no worries in daytime....nighttime...err on the safe side and catch a cab or uber.

7. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it during the day alone, no problems. If I was with a lady I would take a cab unless she was adventurous. The bus line is okay, but it's a local line that goes through poorer areas and the people on the fringe. To me the biggest issue is that it's just not pleasant and at night there's just nothing to see.

8. Sethto80

Sethto80 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can be a shady area especially at night. Just down the street is the homeless corridor. I see tourists walk it all the time, you'll probably be OK in a group, but it's a cheap ride

9. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not worth the few bucks you'll save on a taxi. Btw the Boneyard is awesome if you like Vegas history. You should also try and visit the Mob Museum.

• Like Like x 1
  10. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taxi, Lyft or Uber. I would not walk around that area at night.
    I walked it during the daytime and ran into 2 wackos (talking to themselves...or an invisible person) and 3 people asked me for money.

One of them was quite aggressive after I said no I didn't have any money to spare for him.
    The guy said to me "Yeah, you're living it up on vacation...I'm just trying to LIVE."
    I was going to respond back to him "At least you have an iphone and you look clean and healthy."
    but I figured that would just keep the dialog open so I said nothing.

11. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys! It wasn't so much about a few bucks for an Uber, I just thought since we are staying at Plaza and it was so close may as well walk. But sounds like it's safer to Uber it.

I actually bought the dual pass for the MOB & NB, thanks for the suggestion though. I visited the NB a few years ago on a solo trip, during the day, while I was staying up on the strip. So I had just took a cab there and back. The other three in my little group going this time have never been there. I feel like the evening tour should be pretty nice to see. And it is my first visit to the MOB.

:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.