1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VMB member calendar for visits

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by Cooper2687, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Cooper2687

Cooper2687 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This, I suppose, is more of a question for the mods. Has there ever been any discussion of developing a calendar sticky that VMB members can see and add the dates that they will be in Vegas? That way everyone can scroll through the calendar (maybe a year out) and see which members will be in town on the same dates as them. Such as if I scroll to March 2, 2022 and on that date it says 6 members. I then select that date and it lists the 6 members of VMB that have added their names to the calendar for that day. There is another site, not vegas related, that has this function for its members and it works very well. It is set up nationwide so that any town you are traveling to you can see which other members will be there. It's just something that I thought would be helpful after scrolling through pages of Roll Call monthly posts and trying to piece together who posted what for which dates they would be in town. On the other site you could also post a message to be displayed below your user name on each daily list. To let others know your particular location and scheduled activities that day. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 9
  2. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice idea, although I have no idea how challenging that would be for the mods who already do so much.

One of the reasons I use the countdown timers is that it helps a bit in addressing the objective outlined in the OP.

Holiday Return after 39 Months
    Superbowl
    • Like Like x 1
  3. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I would love to see that in the website.

PHX >> LAS
    Thank You, Wynn
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could use a shared Google Calendar?

2022 First Escape
    • Like Like x 3
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen this done before, but I'm not sure there's any way to do this anonymously. I, for one, absolutely love meetups and have made some great friends, but I wouldn't love the idea of it being on a public calendar with my real name, and I'd wager that's the case with many of us.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  6. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the idea.

7. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my real name, and picture, so I wouldn't have any concern about that

Superbowl
    • Funny Funny x 11
  8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have looked a few times for a way to do a calendar. Some have not done what we needed and others were expensive or required a lot of costly customization.

I think we do a pretty good job with the roll call threads and meet ups to connect VMBers. But I am always looking for options.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  9. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a should we, could we reply.

But something about the trip report thread this week has me thinking that a "who's in town now" summary would be interesting.

Might just be me, but the thread of Thanksgiving week trip reports would match my personal list of "oh, good, a trip report from ______________. I always enjoy reading their reports. "

Superbowl
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there no way (technology challenged here) to have it connected to the countdown timer?
    I make a countdown timer and when I hit “save” it goes with my screen name to a spread sheet(?) sorted by dates….from current dates to say out there in the distant future.
    If you cancel you can cancel your timer and it would be removed(?).
    Access to the calendar would be for scrolling though the dates but without ability to make entries.
    If possible to do, then interested individuals could be listed as having similar countdown dates inserted into a thread for a meet-up, slot pull, craps game, etc
    Or maybe just avoid those dates :wiggle:

something to delve into AFTER thanksgiving perhaps. 4 day holidays are few….(all of the above may not be feasible or desired at all)(I’m challenged)….:eek:

11. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's how we planned to do it, but this explains why we didn't.
    Just like most things in life, all it takes is having enough time and money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    would support and use ---do not have time to maintain and create though. Still unretired.

13. PressThe5n9

PressThe5n9 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a way we can upload an Excel file to this board? I would be willing to try and manage an Excel-based calendar if it can be uploaded. Might be time-consuming for now but possibly an option til something else more beneficial can be procured.

Youngest Son’s 21st Birthday Trip to the Desert
    • Like Like x 1