1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Visiting the vegas sign at night

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TrueblueAl, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats the opinions on walking to the vegas sign at night time, staying at the luxor so sign not that far away and though a photo at the sign when its all lit up at night would be cool to have and have already done it during the day. The mrs isnt too keen on walking there at night though. Any opinions on whether or not it would be safe or not to walk there at night?

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    both Deuce and sdx have bus stops there.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From Luxor it should be perfectly safe. Just watch for traffic and such.

Keep in mind that the parking lot and that viewing area are fairly recent additions. For years (decades) people would simply cross the Strip on foot to view/pose/photo the sign.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one and only time I walked to the sign was when I stayed at Mandalay Bay (during the day). We exited out of the lobby at the Four Seasons, took maybe 15 minutes to walk. Should be fairly safe to walk to at night, there's not a ton of businesses around, but the LV police station is nearby.

5. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is not a bad walk. But like others said traffic can be an issue. Have you thought of Uber or lyft. Worth getting the night picture though

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my do-it list is getting some good night shots of the sign. I'll probably have to do it early morning to try to get the sign with as few people there as possible.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't recommend walking there at night. Not much going on in the area. Best to take the bus or deuce and get there safely. Another thing is the time of year, I wouldn't recommend walking there in the summer as it is still hot at night.

True it isn't likely you will have a bad experience walking there but I wouldn't want to take the chance of being one of the people that do have a bad experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.