1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Very strange behavior at SWA with all schedules for 8/11-8/29.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DaiLun, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I'm making plans for the alternate trip in August if Asia is "closed".

I was planning to take SWA and use some of my points. Fly to Boston, return from Philadeplhia.

As I was making my return trip, the site started acting "weird". It said "No flights available to your destination", when I had a completely full slate of flights not a minute earlier.

When I pulled up the low fare calendar, from August 11-August 29 was showing "Unavailable".

Finally, the calendar came back and this is what it showed
    phl_SJC.jpg
    If you click on a date showing $586, it appears that they have taken down ALL of the Wanna Get Away (the cheap) fares.

WTF is going on in Philadelphia in the middle of the month?

It gets worse, my other itinerary is Canada, flying home from Boston. Look at the Boston Low Fare schedule
    BOS_SJC.jpg
    It gets worse, it seems that ALL of the low fare calendars are affected in the same way.

Look at the Las Vegas calendar.
    SLC_LAS.jpg
    WTF, SWA??

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I called SWA and the agent is seeing the same thing. he's contacting HQ to see what's going on.

The agent came back and told me that it looks like an update didn't happen correctly. It's 1800 PDT right now. I will check back hourly to see what's going on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. pittsburghnate

pittsburghnate Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank the lord! I was just looking to lock in flights for my August return to Vegas. I about had a heart attack when i saw those prices. Pittsburgh to Vegas looks similar $626 for a one way.

4. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. The flight I wanted for aug 24 was available and now all 3 columns are unavailable. Chicago to vegas. Still that way today

5. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a flight booked Aug 16-20 and I know have an alert saying Circumstances beyond their control may adversely affect my flight and I can change both ways for free. Neither of my flight times have changed and I have received no email notifications of issues. I wonder if it’s connected to this. Weird.

6. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got an email that our flight to Vegas on August 20 has changed. Now it’s not a non stop flight. It says we can change for free but I looked it up without signing in and see what you mean. All wanna get away flights say not available and all other airfare that day is $523 one way. Not sure what I should do.

Sema Show
  7. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife got an email about a changed flight but I didn’t get one. Non stop Indy to Vegas (4hrs) to a Indy to Orlando to Vegas (8hrs)
    Hopefully it’s just a computer problem. We will not take a 8 hr flight to Vegas

8. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7:30PM PDT and not fixed yet.

9. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They'll get it fixed. Patience, grasshopper.

10. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok it let me change our flights after that email even though it said no Wanna get away flights available. When I went to the page to change it, suddenly all the wanna get away flights came up to change it to. We get to Vegas an hour later but that’s ok with me. We have nothing planned that night anyway.

Sema Show
  11. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Aug 28 return flight from LV was canceled tonight. For me this is great news as now I change the flight to later in Sept when it is cooler.

12. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah my flight to Vegas on the 23 was changed I get in a couple hours later. It said I could change for free but the only Earlier direct flight gets to Vegas at like 7am.

13. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now my flight says I have a different connection city and gets in 4 hours later. It also says I have to call to change it. Wtf Southwest?!

14. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had three reservations that changed and was able to fix them online last night.

All were re-routed to include a change of planes instead of nonstop SAT-HOU and HOU-BWI. The email had the new ones as SAT-DAL-HOU and HOU-TPA-BWI. All have been changed to non-stops that were easily found; I think there system looks to match the departing time...but I don't know...maybe it is set on "screw you"....

Good Luck!

15. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After looking even closer, my nonstop return flight was changed too. It does seem set on screw you! I'm going to give it some time to straighten out today before I call. I still haven't gotten an email about changing my flights.

16. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got this as well for my Aug 28 - 31 trip. My trip to Vegas was supposed to be leaving BWI nonstop at 2:35pm and getting into Vegas at 4:25pm.

Now? The trip has 3 separate connections and I wouldn't get into Vegas until, after exploring most of the mid-western US, at 10:05pm.

However, I got the opportunity to apparently change my flight for free so, I was able to book one leaving BWI at 12:45pm, also nonstop, arriving into Vegas at 2:45pm. It appears that this did not cost anything extra, notwithstanding the flight now being more expensive. So unless I'm missing something, this is actually pretty good customer service.

For what it's worth, I fixed all of this on the app and did not have to call. I also paid with points the first time and while I got the confirmation email saying my points balance has been adjusted, it looks identical to what it did prior so I don't think any additional points were taken for the adjustment.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  17. twiley17

twiley17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same boat as everybody else. SW canceled both of my direct flights CLE-VEG, VEG-CLE and put me on layovers. I HATE layovers!!!!!!!!!!!! They're social distancing with no middle seats so they appear to be dumping direct flights. What"s it all about??????? $$$$$$$$$$$$$ I have a different opinion on fantastic customer service.

18. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I decided to go ahead and call. They took care of me quickly and efficiently and she was apologetic but I know it wasn’t her doing. I’m still happy with Southwest. She gave no clues as to what’s going on with the schedules.

19. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6AM this morning, back to normal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was what I was seeing back in April for San Francisco to Las Vegas...things like San Francisco-Denver-Milwaukee-Las Vegas and San Francisco-Denver-Austin-Las Vegas, both of which took most of the day to get to Vegas rather than a bit over an hour for a non-stop San Francisco to Las Vegas flight..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.