1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Very late (early am) check in--when is it the next day?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mickeydfly13, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had my late flight delayed when we diverted from LV and went to LAX, then waited a couple hours, and then flew back to Vegas. We arrived around 3:30am, (should have been 11:50pm) got to the hotel around 4:15am. I had called to let them know we were very late so they held my room no problem. It made me wonder, though, at what point would it have been the next day's reservation? I mean, checking in early for the next day and thus only staying two nights instead of three?

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most places check in isn't until 3 or 4 in the afternoon so technically checking in before then would be an extra day. Most of us have checked in way before that of course. Some will charge a small "early check in" fee, some don't. But in your case you would have already paid for that first night and it would have been too late to cancel so you'd be stuck paying no matter what.

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, you already "paid" for the 1st night (since you have to give them notice of cancellation) so you will probably have to pay for all 3 nights.

But then it never hurts to ask. But then it looks like this has already occurred so you will have to take it up with management to see if they will take off 1 day of your stay.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last poster hit it well... you might be able to move checkin to the next day - BUT - you still have to pay for the night before. Makes the discussion a non issue. LOL!

By the way, I have done lots of early checkins. Earliest I think was 7am once after a red eye from LA to Cinnci. Lucky they had a room as it was now New Years Day. Hotel was in very rough shape, but they still had a room for me!

5. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

6. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 50% on checking in shortly after 7am at MGM. Luxor I didn't have a problem with but they put me in an "upgrade" which was a terrible room on the 4th floor so I had to have them put me back in the "downgraded" tower room which didn't happen until later.

I have early check-in for the 14th as my flight again lands at 7am. Since it's a Tuesday I'm hoping they have a room available. By the way, I wonder I keep booking Stay Well rooms but I'm gold at MGM. You mean to tell me they've not had the free suite upgrade available for Gold ANYTIME I've gone? I may have to push that this trip as I'll only be staying two full nights.

7. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to clear, arriving EARLY for a current day reservation is totally different than arriving late at night or even the next day. As to early checkin - there are lots discussions about that. Some hotels charge. Some will give you a room no matter what. Some are just jerks and shove the 3pm sign in your face. And of course, no matter what the policy is, if they have no rooms, then no deal.

In your original example, you would still have to pay for the previous night since that was your reservation, even if you showed up at 10am.

8. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold upgrades to a suite are rare. Heck, even as a Plat or Noir, getting suite upgrades were hard - unless they are comped in the first place. Suites are pretty much tied to play, not card level.

9. 20hof

20hof Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my trip a few days ago:
    My flight was getting delayed and I was worried about the reservations. I called the Orleans and they told me I could check in until 6 a.m. after that it would be considered the next day.
    Never tested it though, as a plane breakdown made me stay in Chicago that night. They didn't charge me for that night even though I cancelled it around 9 pm ...
    Did get the early check-in fee the next day though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.