1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian/Palazzo

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. NickyJ

NickyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dan - Just a heads up, while all the Venetian/Palazzo luxury suites have a sofa, it's my understanding that not all the sofas are sofa beds. You'd need to request a room with the full size sofa bed, which is based on availability.

2. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I've done VP / Linq stay before with friend...Harrah's is even closer. I actually don't think that's a bad idea. Heck, if they're in the Venezia tower, then it'll be even closer. The only challenge is that you'll never want to leave the Venetian -- every food option (including the food court) is better. The only thing I liked about Harrah's was the oyster bar.

Art of the Wild
  3. DanTheMagicMan

DanTheMagicMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip! I kind of already had that figured out when I read the room description and it says (based on availability) next to the sleeper sofas listed on the luxury suites. One of the many reasons I threw my hands up. lol. But we'll have some sort of backup plan if all else fails. It's the largest hotel in the United States, so I'm hoping they can find a place for us, even if they need a little "encouragement"... I mean I'm not paying a dime for the room so I don't mind at all using the "trick" to try to get what we want/need.

4. DanTheMagicMan

DanTheMagicMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'm thinking that our $100 celebration dinners will coax us out of the Venetian and into a Caesar's property at some point even if we end up staying at the Venetian. :)

I didn't get a chance to visit Harrah's (or the Venetian, among other locations mid strip for that matter) when I was there last year for my only trip I've ever taken there. I'd love to stay at a place where I have status, but staying there just for that sake and spending more money would be pointless I think. I'd still like to stay there sometime. I'm big on the monorail, so close monorail access is important to me. I know I'll at least be going into Harrah's for monorail access on this trip and I'm sure I'll drop a few bucks while I'm in there.

5. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

One word of advice: don't gamble at CET if you don't intend on giving your full amount of play, you'll lower your ADT and hurt your offers

Art of the Wild
  6. DanTheMagicMan

DanTheMagicMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mean if I put in $20 I better spend $20? Is that oversimplifying it?

7. DanTheMagicMan

DanTheMagicMan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update/edit: We are staying at Harrah's. 3 nights for $99 was hard to pass up. And thankfully I won't be in a situation where the resort fee costs more than the room!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  8. davidcyndi

davidcyndi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay was 4/20-4/25 at the Palazzo. Handed the lady my lic and 20$ and asked if there were any complimentary upgrades. She was very nice and said sure let me check. It was a very crowded Saturday, she said I dont have any strip view rooms right now you can wait and we will c ontact you when one is available. Or you can have a non strip view but on floor 35. We didnt want to wait so we took the high floor room. Love Venetian/Palazzo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. airblaster503

airblaster503 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Palazzo 4/13-4/17. Handed the lady at the desk a $20 and she asked if we needed change and we just said no. Asked what we were visiting for and replied for our birthday, which my fiancee and I share the same and was the following day. We got moved from a standard room to a Strip View on the 39th floor and a room that she said was one of the newer remodels. Definitely was worth the $20 to us and super easy. We checked in around noon on a Saturday as well and were able to get keys to the room immediately.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tuebbis

Tuebbis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've hesitated on posting this for a while because it really hasn't really made much sense to me, but I'm curious on your input on why this happened. I am by no means a high roller in any sense of the term.

Last October, I had a standard suite booked for 3 nights at the Palazzo. I got into town around 9pm-ish and the check-in line was pretty small. I traveled alone this time and as I was checking in, I laid a $20 on the counter with my ID and card and asked for any complimentary upgrades. This was the first time I've tried the $20 trick after reading on this forum, and I was expecting something along the lines like free WiFi, a room with a strip view or high floor, etc. The younger gentleman said he was going to check with his boss and went into a room behind the counter. It was around 15 minutes or so before he came back with an iPad, and he was showing me photos of a Renaissance Suite at the Venetian and offered it to me complimentary. This thing was enormous, complete with a personal fitness room and sauna, and I almost felt like I didn't belong in it! I had already won in Vegas that trip.

Any thought as to why they gave me such an extreme complimentary offer? My thought was that it was a slow weekend in Vegas, but still. No matter what, I was pleasantly surprised. :woot:

Guy's Weekend
  11. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to be there 10/30 - 11/2 on a comp, and can only hope to get such a fantastic upgrade!!! I've never tried the $20 ($50) dollar trick before, but heck it sounds like it's worth a shot!

Halloween in Vegas Baby!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck