1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegasworm LIVE With Kids @ MB (5/7-5/11) - An Utterly Exhausted TR!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Vegasworm, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No we haven't, where is it located?

Vegasworm

2. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you guys tried Buger Bar at MB yet? Shake Shack is pretty good but we found buger bar shakes were one of the best we had..our kids approved lol. Great TR really enjoying it, sorry to hear about jerk cashier at shake shack,yes when you traveling with family those little things (jerk cashier) can be really annoying - you don’t need that!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Trillak

Trillak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seconded. Burger Bar at MB is stellar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. COnative

COnative Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is in LOHI off 30th and Larimer. Just as yummy! They are also building one in Highlands Ranch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we are heading out this morning. Our norm is to have our luggage held and spend departure day in Vegas until about 4-5pm when we head to something close like Mesquite....or Kingman, AZ if we're driving the Albuquerque way instead of back through the mountains in CO.

Totally breaking with tradition and going to my in-laws in Utah (close to Ogden). Girls will get to see their two cousins who were in my very first trip report. They can't wait!!! We'll stay with family all day Saturday, then drive straight home Sunday. We left April 26th, do it will be nice to be back. Girls will only have two weeks of school remaining before summer break.

V and I will be back in Vegas June 30-July 4. Girls will be staying with the grandparents were visiting today. I will do a trip report then too, but it will probably be less activity oriented and more drinking based (dying to get back to Frankie's Tiki Room and add 2 more mugs to my collection).

For this trip, we actually did less with the girls than in the past. I figured we would since we were at the tail end of our long trip. We chose no show this time, we didn't do the Children's Museum, we didn't take them on The High Roller, and we didn't hire an Artsy Nanny to stay with them in the room while we did couples stuff (didn't see the need for this since we're coming back so soon).

I still have some random pictures and thoughts to post plus last night's dinner and lots of replies. Some of this will happen when we get to Utah and I can do a wrap up.

Thanks to everyone for reading and following along!!! Never bumped into anyone from the boards who saw my band. It will happen some day!

TGIF!!!! :woohoo:

Vegasworm

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GREAT report, thanks for sharing!!

4th Annual Wedding Anniversary Las Vegas Extravaganza
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final Number Stats

MLife Tier Credits - 66,929 (This possibly could change by a tad if some of the restaurant receipts I dropped by the MLife desk haven't been credited yet.) We will definitely hit the 75,000 TC needed to remain Gold when we return in June.

Coin In - Combined at MLife Properties for this trip it was $5,440.67 (the amount at Mandalay Bay was $5,110.42).

Loss - The estimated loss on my MLife account is $652.05. In actuality I have my $1k bankroll intact thanks in part to coming out ahead that first night and keeping the winnings in the safe. I would cycle through my money again once I had played it all out and only had tickets in hand. Towards the end, this meant playing through around $700 instead of $1k, because I never came up and added the $307 winnings into the pool.

Overall, I consider this a winning trip because I'm walking away with my bankroll. We also have another $250ish from our original $1,900 cash total for our entire trip. My "finger clicker" method helps slow the losing, and trust me, most all cycles through the machine are losing ones. It's that rare decent win that helps keep the bankroll floating at the original level.

My room offer was for 4 free nights at Mandalay Bay with $75 FP and $50 RC. I don't imagine that MLife is thrilled with my level of play, especially considering I've booked a similar offer for our trip in June (4 free nights at Bellagio with some amount of FP and $50 RC). I put in as much gambling as possible, but it's hard with family and fatigue. I also didn't have as large of a bankroll as I've brought before, so didn't feel like a lot of higher bet risk taking.

I'm a small fish and don't have a host. I also don't ask for back end comps. I figure if I notice my offers declining, then I'll know MLife has caught up with my level of play. LOL. Until then, I'll keep riding the wave and coming. We would have come last summer if we hadn't booked the cruise and been trying to save for it. I would like to aim for at least twice a year if possible, and I would like to try to maintain my MLife Gold status. I rarely play Total Rewards properties or other places only because I don't have a large enough bankroll to spread thin across various venues.

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 5
  8. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just catching up on your trip report, @Vegasworm.
    Really enjoyed it.
    Great pics and lovely family. :beer:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And now for some random pictures.

IMG_20180508_113640347_LL.jpg
    Who doesn't want to sit on a bench in an elevator? Posh! This was the elevator that took us to tea at Mandarin Oriental.

IMG_20180508_113754623_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    Pepper the Artificial Intelligence robot at Mandarin Oriental. Girls had fun talking and interacting with her. Notice she is looking at S? Kind of cool, kind of creepy.

IMG_20180508_134654932_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    I was impressed with the Moët and Chandon vending machine also found at Mandarin Oriental (I was not impressed with how big my arm looked in the pic. LOL) You have to purchase a token from the front desk for it. Didn't see the cost listed.

IMG_20180508_140424545.jpg
    Pretty scene at the Aria lobby.

IMG_20180508_144546494.jpg
    The always crowded Bellagio Conservatory. This has been my least favorite so far. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty, I just didn't find it stunning.

IMG_20180508_144453471.jpg
    More Bellagio Conservatory.

Side note about Bellagio. We took our kids to the Fine Art Gallery there on our last trip because kids get in free. It was great and educational and they loved it. Unfortunately, their last exhibit ended April 29th, and the next one isn't up and running for several weeks. V and I plan to go when we come back, but I'm disappointed the girls didn't get to see it.

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  10. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a wonderful trip, @Vegasworm ! Hope the rest of the family trip goes well!

Thanks for sharing all the food pictures and slot play! The final number stats were cool too. :)

Belated Birthday Adventure (the big 3-0)!!
    Thanksgiving trip!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waiting on the bellhop. 20 items not including the stuff we're carrying. LOL.

IMG_20180511_090531652_LL.jpg
    Vegasworm

• Wow! Wow! x 5
  12. acccrow

acccrow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :whistle::whistle:

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waiting on Olive. Departure days are always sad.
    IMG_20180511_091944062.jpg

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 3
  14. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL!!!! Pretty accurate actually! We can't get everything to fit back the way we arrived.

IMG_20180511_092244209.jpg

Vegasworm

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Outstanding trip report, I really enjoyed it! I can't imagine being gone from home for that long. Did you pull the girls out of school?

Safe travels the rest of the way, and looking forward to your late June trip for another great TR.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for bringing us along, have a fun ride home :clap:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't have a road trip without stopping at McDonald's. LOL.

IMG_20180511_101125443.jpg
    H is eating ice-cream for breakfast since she doesn't dig breakfast food, and they weren't serving burgers yet.

I plan to do the rest of the pictures and thoughts I have when we get to my in-laws. I have a really interesting elevator story to tell.

Vegasworm

18. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cousins have been reunited! This is Sa and N from my very first trip report.

IMG_20180511_195457469_LL.jpg

I plan to do final trip additions and updates tonight and tomorrow. V and I planned out our upcoming trip during the drive to Utah today. Already excited for the next Vegas trip!

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 3
  19. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report! Thanks for doing this- your kids seem really sweet and it looks like you had alot of fun!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Vegasworm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got it! We honeymooned at The Mirage and then also in Sedona, AZ in 1999. Thanks for reading!

The watermelon was fabulous!!! My girls wanted me to order more, but at $25 a pop that wasn't happening. LOL.

Thank you for reading, it was a fun trip! V is exactly like your husband. He would much rather have a new radio or piece of equipment, than gamble.

43 days, wow! We've had a great time, but all of us are looking forward to being home Sunday and seeing our pets.

Vegasworm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.