1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VegasWoody LIVE TR Solo Sept. 20-28

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by vegaswoody, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you enjoy!

Thanks birds!

You're welcome! Four parlays going tonight and posted up at burger bar in Mandalay for happy hour! Pics from life is beautiful festival starting tomorrow.

2. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

MyVegas midweek comp room at Excalibur. Tower II. Actually a pretty nice room. Comparable to the renovated mirage rooms. I got kinda lucky as I booked my two comp rooms before they destroyed the MyVegas reward system again. Now you can only book one mgm room per 30 days. Used to be able to get three, then they changed it to one night per property, to now just one night period. Sucks.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hit on two of my parlays for about $500. I've now hit five parlays for around $1,200. No hand pays but this will work!

Move to Americas Best Value Inn tomorrow...

3. Zander1

Zander1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Oyster Bar is always a stop for me on every trip. Love the clam chowder and the bread is AWESOME!

4. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha the couple times I walked by I noticed EVERYONE had a piece of bread...didn't see any oysters, just bread lol

5. martinr

martinr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wake Me Up When September Starts!
  6. Bigcash12000

Bigcash12000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on hitting those big parlays! I always seem to lose the last leg and miss out on the big ones!

7. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks man, remember I was 0/14 before hitting those 5 haha

8. DanO

DanO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report....awesome pics, looking forward to the rest. My wife and I will be heading out one week from today to celebrate our 25th anniversary, counting the days. Never tried the parlay thing, gonna have to take a run at that this time!

9. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks man. Last lotto ticket of the week before I head downtown for the next three days. [​IMG]

10. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. I love the variety you built into your trip. Mixed what you like with MyVegas comps. I, too, enjoy getting around and always seeing new things in Vegas, even after over 50 trips there.

Thanks again for the pics as well.

11. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing your trip. Since MyVegas is getting stingy on rooms you might look into flying Allegiant from Cincy direct to Vegas. We used them to fly to Florida this year and I managed to combine rewards to get crazy cheap flights. I did $50 off for my husband and myself, select your seat and a free bag each. I kept expecting the MyVegas police to hunt me down but no one said a thing. We had a problem with the door when we landed in Columbus and they had everyone exit the rear of the plane but for what we paid I was thrilled.

We love flying direct on Southwest but at $400 round trip out of Columbus I just can't go as often as I would like so am looking at options!

Thanks again for sharing!! Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

12. Vegasaddict2014

Vegasaddict2014 Low-Roller

Great TR and pics!

13. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My pleasure vette!

"MyVegas police" ... That's great...I honestly thought they would try to rescind my second room after they changed the policy.

I refuse to fly on lower tier airlines though. I want the best pilots, lol.

Thanks!

14. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stopped at Therapy in Fremont before walking in the festival. Heard a lot about this place recently. The servers were all gorgeous and friendly. I had the oxtail empanadas with lime creme fraiche and the chicken fried chicken club with mayo scallion slaw and truffle fries. The empanadas were better than the sandwich! [​IMG]

Walked in the bathroom before leaving and saw this...

[​IMG]

Then this...

[​IMG]

Hmm...a little spelling error there. Pretty sure it's just to fuck with drunk people but I don't know haha.

15. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Few pics before the concerts begin. My service is trash inside of the festival. Posting this from the nugget before the next one I want to see. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

X Ambassadors. They sing that song "renegade" , pretty good show.

Ok, I'm heading back in. Charging my phone here in the high limit room and there is an old Asian lady sobbing behind me, feeding $100 bills and must be down thousands. She will not stop talking to herself and is slamming the machine....very sad. That's the depressing part to Vegas for sure.

16. matthewgrover

matthewgrover Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving the report vegaswoody, keep hitting the parlays and I'll keep your jackpot you hit back home in good shape for you.
    Looks like you're having a great trip, I hope it stays that way. Make sure you slide over to the D Long Bar while you're downtown and have a cold one for me and my wife.

17. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks boss!

Here's my biggest gamble of the week. Americas best value inn and suites. Checked in last night and room wasn't frightening, but this morning I was greeted to a cockroach and the shower went from scolding hot to Luke warm every 10 sec or so. I won't be coming back. Creepy area as well.

I'm getting the heck out of this room and finding somewhere to watch my Mounties! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Bobby's burger palace for lunch. Had the Bobby blue with sweet potato fries and a blueberry pomegranate milkshake...mmmm.

Now I'm at Bucca di beppos all day happy hour til I leave for the festival. $4 blue moons! [​IMG]

19. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. vegaswoody

vegaswoody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.