1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas trip dilemma

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ItsVegasTime, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For once I wish my trip countdown would slow down.

I'm due to leave next Friday (the 4th) for Vegas, and yesterday my daughters friend left our back door open and my very loved cat got out, and I haven't seen her since. If she isn't home by the time I'm due to leave I don't know what to do. If I go, nobody will be here to let her in if she does come back home. But she very well might be long gone (we live in the country and have a lot of coyotes and other animals around who I fear will get her).

Talk about terrible timing :(

2. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Judging by your countdown timer--if she isn't back in 12 days she probably isn't coming back. Hopefully she returns soon!

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry to hear this, @ItsVegasTime.
    This once happened with my youngest cat, Brindle.
    On the 3rd day of being upset about her, I looked out the window and caught a glint of her collar-charm in the sun.
    She was under the hedge next to our house. I was so happy to scoop her up and bring her back home.
    I will be thinking of you and your beloved cat and hope she returns to you very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you find her!

5. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sure hope you find her too, but I also hope you won't feel guilty about going on your trip as planned. I agree that if you haven't found her by Friday the 4th, the odds are, sadly, very slim of finding her at all.

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry to hear this but sending positive vibes your way that she will be found safe and sound!

• Like Like x 1
  7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so sorry; I hope she is back home with you soon.

8. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. I miss her so much and am so worried about her. I've done everything I can think of. I've put her litter box outside (read the scent can help them find their way) I put her favorite smelly wet food in a dish inside a humane trap, I've searched our property multiple times, gone out in the dark with a flashlight and shined in the trees to look for eye shine, I put flyers up and down our street, reached out to neighbors and posted on Nextdoor and Facebook neighborhood groups.

My last resort is I found a guy who can bring his search dog out for $300 and track her scent. I haven't done it yet but he is highly recommended. I just want my kitty home :(

9. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If he only went missing yesterday there's a decent chance he'll show up tomorrow or the next day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be a nightmare for this animal loving family. There are lots of coyotes in my rural area as well. Best wishes for a safe return … then a safe flight!

11. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wishing the best for the safe return of your furry friend!

RICHARD

12. NPLV

NPLV VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wishing you the best hoping she returns. Unlike dogs, cats wander and can almost always find their way home. Hoping that’s the case here.

13. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aw..so sorry. Hope she comes home.

14. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes-we hope you find her. We can’t imagine the angst and loss you must be feeling. Like many, we consider our dogs to be family members and we’d be bereft if one were missing.

I sometimes think I may not be a very good person because I’ve always subscribed to the great Mark Twain quote: “I like all dogs, and some people.” People who love cats can just substitute cat for dogs. We all love our furry buddies.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of times cats will hunker down and hide near your house until they're damn ready to come back in on their own. Sounds like you're doing the right thing leaving food and litter box by the door. Fingers crossed for you!

16. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, @ItsVegasTime .
    Just bumping this thread in hopes you have found your beloved kitty.
    I'm wishing the best for you. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, I had that happen the night before my trip to Hawaii. Cat got out, sitting on the balcony next door. He is a Bengal, so wild in nature anyway, and I knew I would never lure him in. The only other times he got out, he did not come home until he had to poop, or needed water. I left the doors and windows open and went to bed. Flight was 8am. About 2am, no sleep, I got pissed off. Went out on my balcony buck naked. Looked over, sure enough he is still on neighbors balcony. I climbed around the wall, down the other wall, over the railing onto neighbors balcony, grabbed him by the neck and heaved him back up to my balcony. I was furious by that point, and didn't care if I got shot for being naked on someone else's balcony. That was about 5 years ago, and fortunately the last time he got out.

Hope he came home, and if not, hope at least I gave you something to laugh at.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too.

19. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that, next time I'm found naked on my neighbors balcony in the middle of the night, I'll state with confidence that I'm "looking for my cat". :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, I can think of a different word to describe "cat" that you could use....might get you in more trouble though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.