1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Trip #28 Pre Trip Report

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by andyg99, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did one of these for my August trip and thought I'd give it go again...

Firstly I never did follow up the previous one with an actual trip report - I'll do it this time - I post more of a trip summary than a live report like most do (you guys who do it live are awesome!). Here is a condensed report of my August trip:
    1. Carrot Top was awesome - try to sit in the front row, it was pretty cool having him pour me a shot of Crown Royal.
    2. Amazing 5 night trip overall with my kids and sister.

Ok now the plans for this current trip:

12/20 - leave work at 2 and start the drive! I'll make a quick stop at home on the way and then head up the 15 to Vegas! I'll probably get there by 7 or 8, I don't anticipate any major traffic but you never know. Check into my room at Luxor, check in at the MLife desk and get my freeplay and head to RiRa in Mandalay Bay for a Guinness and shepherds pie. I'll probably just play some slots for about an hour or two and then hit it early (Vegas early that is, in bed before midnight)

12/21 - up early and probably have breakfast at Pyramid Cafe in Luxor or America at NYNY - both have great lox and bagels, my new traditional first days breakfast in Vegas (I think I start and stop traditions several times each trip). Craps at Excalibur for a bit. $45 Poker Tournament at Luxor and then probably venture down the strip for the rest of the day - this is a solo trip so lot's of free time to wander and do what I feel like at the moment.

12/22 - try to make it to the Oyster Bar in Harrahs (if I didn't go there the previous day). Downtown to play at El Cortez and people watch.

12/23 - hit the spa for a few hours... did it a few trips back and now I'm hooked. Get my last gambling in. Go to bed early.

12/24 - wake up early - play one last slot (one of those new traditions) and then hit the road (got to stop at Peggy Sues for a late breakfast) and make it back for Christmas Eve with the family.

Overall lot's of time to explore and make things up as I go along - this will be a classic 'solo trip', I'll enjoy some good food and drink and the company of complete strangers... counting the hours now!

Vegas Trip #43!
  2. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time. I love following along with you.

3. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to this since I'll be checking myself this Friday. Someone shared this with me, there's an entrance on the Northside (Off Reno Ave, which has the Excalibur on the other side) and there's a separate check-in mainly for the towers but they can get you into a pyramid room if you want. Consider the $20 trick, I will be!

4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope your solo adventures are glorious and rewarding!
    I look forward to your report/summary! Party on! :beer:

RICHARD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.