1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Nighclub questions for a (potential) first timers

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Alba, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right over in May, fancy seeing Calvin Harris and seen tickets for me and my wife are 75/20 dollars.

So how does this work? might seem daft but ive never done a Nightclub stateside...

Will getting that ticket guarantee me entry (providing im no hammered)? or can i expect to sit in a q for a good couple hours because the bouncers expect a tip for you to get in addition ? when you get in, are you just going to stand about cause there is no seats or that .... what time does the headliner come on at ?

Would i be better to do VIP/Table, there would only be two of us ? but i am confused by how much "Extra" this would be? anyone have a rough idea of costs then?

2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You probably will be waiting in line to get in even if you have tickets. There are no seats unless you buy a table which will cost probably over $1500. Headliners typically come one around 1ish.

3. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    right so you would be standing around even if you have a table? i thought it got you fast tracked

4. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are still lines for tables, but you get through very quickly.

5. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah right cheers pal

6. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and a table at 1500 for calvin harris wont be in the main room

7. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ah expected that to be honest ... but can you leave your table go and dance etc and Come back without someone sitting in it? Or is it accepted you can leave your table and come a ck without someone sitting in it

8. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's your table and your booze that you're buying. It would be rediculous if you went out and found some uninvited people were there.

9. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah right ok I don't know how the Etiquette works for this sort of stuff

10. adn232

adn232 Tourist

I'm guessing you'll be in Vegas fight weekend based on the the presale ticket price for Calvin Harris.

11. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Expect table min of 5-10k for main floor tables with a big name DJ such as Calvin Harris. If it during fight night (May vs Pac), I would expect table min of 15k for main floor. The club will be crazy on fight weekend.

The security will take care of you table, bottles, etc. Just be sure to tip them.

12. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aye mate I am.

Thinking about Sunday at Hakkison or the sat at the pool for the Wet Republic but again I'm confused how it works with that,do you get a day bed or something ?I'm assuming it's a minimum spend and all that nonsense

13. adn232

adn232 Tourist

Me and my friends will be in Vegas that weekend as well. We've been shopping around at different clubs getting prices. PM me, I can tell you the table minimums that I've been given by the VIP hosts for my group of 5 guys.

In general though, the table minimum for that Sunday night at Hakkasan for Calvin Harris is very expensive to get into the main room. As for Wet Republic, I was quoted a Sunday daybed with a table minimum of $2k, so I can only imagine Saturday will be more expensive with Calvin Harris as the headliner. Keep in mind there's the tax, auto grat of ~20%, and an LET tax at Hakkasan. I believe it's close to 40% on top of the minimum when all is factored in.

14. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for the information

15. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only been to a few pool parties but if you are mainly going for Calvin Harris and don't plan on spending big on a table (so general admission) I would suggest going to Wet over Hakk.

16. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ahm thinking now towards the pool party anybody have and yadvice - how long they usually last ? how long does the main dj play for etc?

17. RayDay

RayDay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pool parties typically start at 11:00 and go until 5:00 or 6:00. If you have a presale ticket you typically have to be there by 11:00 or 12:00 to guarantee entry. Main DJ goes on around 2:00-3:00 and you can expect a 2-3 hour set.

At the larger pool parties (Encore Beach Club for example) presale tickets are fine IMO because you have plenty of space to move around and post up. The smaller pools like Marquee Dayclub I would pony up the extra money for a table. The lilypads are especially fun. They are seating areas at the edge of the pool in the middle of the action. Keep in mind too if you are going in a group, say 4 people, you will each be spending at least $200 (likely more) on food and drink. Add that to the cost of you ticket and it makes sense to combine budgets, spend a little bit more and secure a table. The extra $50 per person is well worth it to have somewhere to keep your things and get off your feet, especially if you plan on being there all day.

18. vivasincity

vivasincity Newbie

Most of the clubs charge anywhere from $300 to $600 per bottle for a 3 bottle minimum for a table which is primarily for groups rather than couples. If you want to get a good spot then you are going to have to tip the bouncer at least $100 for a chance to get in early rather than wait over an hour in line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.