1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas local's nightlife?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by moongoa, Jul 9, 2024.

1. moongoa

moongoa You gotta want it

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering places people have come across that are pretty cool. I know all the clubs on the strip, but that’s really not what I’m looking for. There are several different categories. I’m looking for.

1. A cool lounge dark like a lounge should be. Live bands, playing music the possibility of dancing but large enough where it’s not too small like the tiki room off the strip. Something locals would go to.
    2. A place to channel my inner childhood and I’m talking six year old lol. Any places that still play disco. I’ve searched the web and cannot find one probably not the most popular genre but in the right mood that would be great fun.
    3. In Seattle, we used to have some really cool clubs, somewere underground others just had a swanky vibe but yet casual and a place people would just go out and hang all night long DJ with mix and just a great vibe. I’ve yet to find that in Vegas and I know it has to exist, if not, maybe I need to open a club.

In a nutshell, while the big clubs on the strip are cool. It’s a bit too much flex.the dive bars most know about are small……looking for something just right size.

Silver sevens taking it to a whole new level
    I want to love this place
  2. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 #FBAmbassador

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only know the big clubs because i like DJs. I can only help you there. @Flowers went to Nowhere at FB recently and raved about it.

On another note, my cousin who lives in Seattle took myself and @NotFromConcentrate to Cannon in Capital Hill. The place is sooo awesome!!

Another 21st Birthday Extravaganza #IYKYK
    Monkeys at #FabulousFB
    • Like Like x 1
  3. moongoa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, in Seattle couple of my favorite haunts were number one was the down under which was in Belltown underground. The second was the back door Ultralounge, which was on top of an office building second story that was a cool vibe also. Seattle in the late 90s early 2000s was a solid nightlife town. another cool place was the Phoenix underground which enforced he had to close after an earthquake and 2000 or 2001. There are still a couple cool places in Seattle but I just would love to transplant a couple of those in Vegas. I know they have to exist there. There’s no way the locals are doing the Strip as the regular

4. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 #FBAmbassador

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will have to ask locals then. Maybe Vegas local sub reddit?

Late 90s/2000s. Before my time...not legal yet much less have a car or credit card to cross the border on our own.

Another 21st Birthday Extravaganza #IYKYK
    Monkeys at #FabulousFB
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really think you’d like pinky ring at Bellagio even though it’s on the strip.

There’s a new discotheque place that will be opening soon so that may be right up your alley! Also on the strip! I think at the Linq? Can’t remember now.

I also really liked clique at Cosmo unless it’s super loud and crowded. But that was a DJ and not live music. Personally, I liked the sexy vibe in there.

I liked the speakeasy at Aria as it had live music and was small and intimage, but that may be too small for you…

Also, the jazz club in downtown is huge and has live music on weekends. That should have space to dance, but I hear it’s crowded on weekends so I haven’t gone. But it’s a very spacious place.

Ruby Bar lounge at golden nugget has live bands and chill vibe.

Oh! Surprisingly, virgin and Mandalay Bay has some really nice live musicians and it’s super chill and lots of room to dance cuz usually empty and not busy.

Oh! You might also like the rooftop place at Paris! But that’s a DJ.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate Enough is enough. Somebody needs to tell her…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. A cool lounge dark like a lounge should be. Live bands, playing music the possibility of dancing but large enough where it’s not too small like the tiki room off the strip. Something locals would go to.

For some reason, the lounge area in the front at Piero’s is the first thing that came to mind here. Funny enough it’s titled “Monkey Bar” @Jsmile898 lol :)

I had dinner here with @JRRestoule a couple of years ago… do you think this is a good match for what the OP is describing?

Here’s an Instagram reel to give you a sense of what it’s like. Now watching this I really want to go back! lol https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5GzPfbNeQ6/?igsh=N3p6emk3dHZlc21z

Another place I learned about recently is Myron’s at the Smith Center (pictured below). More of a ticketed performance venue than a “lounge” where one can come and go, but it definitely has the type of vibe you’re describing I think. The Smith Center in general is grossly underrated. By all accounts a Broadway-grade venue just minutes from Downtown Las Vegas. Myron’s is just their “music lounge”… their main performance hall is far more grand.

You can see upcoming shows at Myron’s here: https://thesmithcenter.com/tickets/myron-s/

IMG_8115.jpeg

Lastly, Mayfair Supper Club at the Bellagio (especially “After Dark”) would very much fit this bill I think.

2. A place to channel my inner childhood and I’m talking six year old lol. Any places that still play disco. I’ve searched the web and cannot find one probably not the most popular genre but in the right mood that would be great fun.

What instantly came to mind for me was “Discopussy” (sorry, weird name lol) on Fremont East. All of the bars on that stretch between Hennessey’s/Heart Attack and the El Cortez are really great actually.

3. In Seattle, we used to have some really cool clubs, somewere underground others just had a swanky vibe but yet casual and a place people would just go out and hang all night long DJ with mix and just a great vibe. I’ve yet to find that in Vegas and I know it has to exist, if not, maybe I need to open a club.

Echoing East Fremont as well for this, though perhaps not quite “swanky”.

It’s WAY off strip, but Jing was actually the very first place that came to mind when I saw this thread… and I think that matches this criteria pretty well: https://www.jingrestaurant.com/las-vegas/

Jul 29-31: Separate Countdown to Brag About Staying @ Durango! :)
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been meaning to check out Myron’s. I thought it was more like a jazz lounge vibe vs a club lounge? And can you dance there since it’s ticketed seats?

8. moongoa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great, thank you both with a couple of trips in August and September I’ll check them all out and see if I can find the right vibe!

• Like Like x 2