1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Dreams

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Vladimir, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a dream about Vegas last night. Really got my mouth watering for my next trip in October.

Wondering if anyone else dreams about Vegas regularly?

Anyway. I arrived at about 5PM and went to the new 'man v chicken' restauraunt in the Stratosphere (note - doesn't actually exist), whilst I waited for the 6PM (!) check in time.

Having had a view of an air vent during my last trip (in real life) so it has been on my mind to request a high floor next time. I checked in and went over to the elevators. I go inside and realise I don't have any idea which floor I'm on. o I look at the folder that you get with the key cards, and it said 'Basement - floor 1'.

Now, I'm no High Roller but I'm not spending a week in the basement. So I march back over to reception and make it very clear that if they can't get me a room with a view I'm taking my business to the Plaza (?!). The clerk looks flustered and says he will get my host Adrian. I state that my host is actually Miss X (my real life host). Turns out she is on vaccation so Adrian will have to do.

Adrian comes over and says to me 'follow me Vladamir I'll find something for you.'

On the walk, he makes it clear I am getting one of the best suites in the place (one of the ones with a sign outside it explaining exactly what suite it is, for example 'Presidential Suite'). I ask whether the maid is trustworthy, as I need to ensure my pet Guinea Pig (who has suddenly appeared) will be safe.

In real life I don't usually take Guinea Pigs on 13 hour flights, nor do I actually own one.

Unfortunately I don't get to see inside the suite as my alarm goes off for work as we approach it.

Anyone else have odd dreams about Vegas?

2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is funny. Very funny. Thank you for posting and sharing it. Please come straight here if you have another one OK?

I've had Vegas dreams but none really stand out right now. I don't remember my dreams for too long. I know I've had dreams about trying to get to Vegas and things preventing me from getting there. Or dreams about the buffets, Rio buffet especially. And dreams about being on the strip.

The one dream that does stand out right now wasn't in Vegas. I ran into somebody while doing groceries and we share a mutual friend. We got chatting and she says our friend got married last week. I didn't know anything about it. She goes on to say that they went to Vegas to get married. I said they must have eloped. She says not really, they had about 100 friends and family there for the wedding and stayed the whole week. I was embarrassed, furious and had to admit to her that I hadn't been invited and I didn't know anything about it. She goes on to say how nice the wedding was because she was there. I woke up sooooo angry.

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strangely enough I have yet to have any Vegas related dreams when asleep.
    When awake I have plenty. :beer::beer:

4. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine was a crazy one trying to get to Vegas. I normally fly out of my local airport about 6 miles east of me (with a layover in ATL), but on occasions have used one about 75 miles south of me (non stop flights) when I find a good enough price difference to justify the drive. The dream I had was arriving at the southern airport, parked and walking through the airport and suddenly realizing that, not only don't I have my luggage, I never even packed it! I start to panic, then I woke up. This was just a couple of days before I was scheduled to fly out of that airport for Vegas.

5. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friday night (two nights ago).

On a helicopter tour, I noticed Palazzo had a rooftop restaurant. Actually it was the top two floors. They had tables right next to the single bar guardrail at the edges of the 60th and 61st floors.

Then I was in a suite with Natedogg and his family. We had Chinese food delivered to the room and were eating and watching tv.

I woke up happy.

6. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have similar sorts of dream quite regularly including:

1. Being on the 4th day of my trip and realising I've forgotten to gamble (as if that could happen!!)
    2. Realising I've forgotten my passport/ID (how did I get to Vegas in the first place??)
    3. Forgetting my bankroll (in real life, the equivalent is the first morning when I've lost it all the night before).
    4. Walking down a never ending corridor trying to find the elevator.

7. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Number 4 is no dream.
    Happens every trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.