1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Venetian marketing offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by maxev, Nov 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really irritating that somehow I've fallen off of Venetian's marketing offers (mailers as well as online).

It started about 3-6 months ago, when I saw less and less offers on my account, yet I could always still book them through my host. When I now login, it shows 5 "offers" -- the 11/7 $50k slot tourney and the rest are discounts off stays.

I've maintained my play over my 11 3-night visits this year, earning 8k-11k points per trip (earning 10k gets you Grazie Elite), which I've found is enough to comp my charges. I've documented my journey in past posts here, and I know others on VMB have experienced the same thing, and I don't know what to do about it.

My host says I've qualified for all the same $125k and $250k dual slot tourney offers, and to just contact her to book. Problem is, I don't always know when the events are, and even after I book through her, it doesn't show up online to display the schedule. I let her know about my lack of marketing offers each time I book. She recommended contacting IT, but I hung up after waiting 45 minutes.

I just finished a stay with the $125k slot tourney, and while there I went to the host on duty at the stand to the left of the Venetian Grazie desk. She looked through my account and said I'm still qualified (no notes on the account) and said she didn't see any indication that I'd be off the marketing list.

She recommended I have my host talk to the marketing department.

Has anyone with a similar issue had their account fixed?

By the way, I was able to get some comp rate information out of her. Weekdays are $135 and Fri/Sat are $195 (possibly upped because of Halloween). This goes against what I'd assumed their comp rate was -- $99 and $149, using their poker rates as a benchmark.

This still works out to what I understand my theo is -- 10k points * 0.25 = $2500 theo with a comp rate of 30-33%.

--max

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that when I select one option after logging in, it shows I have 6 offers, but then only 4 generic offers in the 'offers' section.

Then if I pick some rooms to see if they show up, I have only 2 offers.

I've obviously not been since 2019, but early 2020 before the shutdown I had offers for slot tournaments as well.

Might email the host that contacted me before everything shut, and see If I can get a week set up for summer, as I'm all set for Xmas.

3. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, if you aren't getting much on your play, I guess I should expect my to vanish pretty quick. I wonder if any of this has to do with transitioning to the new owners?

4. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The poker rates recently increased to $149 weeknights and $199 weekend nights (source). For at least the first three months of 2022, they will be $99/149 again (source).

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strange. I don't have this problem.

Previously, I had the mismatched offers count problem, whereby the "Tier Level & Points" page would have a banner showing, say, 18 offers available. When i click "view all offers" or navigate to the Offers tab, i get a count and a list of offers that are fewer (by 2) than what the banner had said. Which led me to believe they clumsily were trying to hide 2 offers from me that I used to qualify for but somehow didn't qualify for them anymore. Or something along those lines.

But that problem has been fixed.

Right now, i see 17 offers everywhere and it is consistent. I even counted them manually. No issues. The furthest out $50k slot tournament that I see is for Feb 6 - 8. A bunch of discounted rate offers, seasonal offers, and quarterly (named months) offers.

@maxev Maybe try clearing cookies for "venentianlasvegas" or anything with "venetian" in your cookies? It might not be related, but who knows. Lots of developers out there who don't handle cookies very well.

6. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine also used to be off by 2. Now it's corrected but doesn't show anything past the November $50k slot tourney. I'm next registered for the Dec. 9 tourney, but it never showed up, before I registered nor after.

When Venetian revamped their offer portal, I thought it was the best out there, explaining offers in detail, who our hosts are, and the ability to book online. I'm sure there's some switch that was somehow set -- perhaps someone accidentally set me to no marketing offers.

--max

7. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thought -- I cleared all cookies except for the auto-fill passwords, and still the same thing.

Hopefully one day it'll all mysteriously return just as it mysteriously disappeared!

--max

• Like Like x 1
  8. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have this problem either. I haven't been since February, and I still have a full slate of offers:

I am Elite and still at the $375/$100 level.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does sound like a systems issue. Geez, your host shouldn't be telling YOU to call the IT department, SHE should either get it fixed or find out what the reason is.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have issue with them. My offers are there and into June 2022.
    I played much less than OP.

11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there is something going on. My offers dropped off in my account but I assume it was because of a low play stay in August and yet, I'm still getting nice SNAIL mail offers, including one that the last time I checked wasn't in my online account.

12. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their system has had issues. The banner with the number of offers is out of sync most of the time for me. I don't take it to mean I have hidden offers since it seems my offers are what I expect for my level of play. It's easy to know since I've been no playing them and see my offers get worse and worse.

I couldn't book online with my offers then suddenly I could and booked all the offers. It would just tell me to contact the host or call the reservation number. Over the phone they wouldn't let me do more than two at a time but online didn't have any restrictions. Sometimes even when I could book online I get to the last step and get the PMS error.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. SoccerMomNC

SoccerMomNC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another one here with the same issue. I reached out to my host to see if she could get me a better offer than what was showing and she did, but she also told me that my account showed up as "opt-out of marketing offers" so I was not getting the ones that she could see. She said she fixed it, we will see how that goes after this trip next month!

14. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An update -- I called the IT number my host gave -- 1-877-247-2943 (which seemed to go to the main number) and after 35 minutes of waiting, spoke to Ken who then wrote a note to his supervisor about my marketing offers not showing up.

After saying that the offers are based on play but then seeing I'm Paiza Gold (over 2x) and I should at least see a monthly offer, he said it could be a duplicate account or an IP issue (although I saw the offers at one point and now no longer).

I feel like somehow I've been opted out of marketing offers, since I also stopped receiving the mailers.

In any event, he said I should hear back by the end of the day.

It would be great if others with the same issue could also call, maybe it would move up the priority list.

--max

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason it looks like hidden offers is because of the way they handled the Dual Slot Tournament offers. First they were there for me, then they weren't and on top of that the offer count wasn't consistent. Sure looks like the missing offers were the Dual Slot tourneys.

16. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I didn't actually expect a return phone call the same day, I figure I'll let a week or so pass before getting back in touch with them.

Meanwhile, logging in I see this, so perhaps something is being done?

upload_2021-11-10_17-46-51.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can confirm, I see that also. Hopefully, they'll fix all the issues with the offers for everyone.

18. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must say I checked my acct yesterday after spotting this thread.
    As of yesterday, I had 23 offers. Booked the Ven tourney over NYE.
    Haven't been in town for nye in ages, but this sounds like a good one.
    We tend to stay out of the NYE craziness, have early dining & probably
    watch fireworks from the room.
    I know... big partyers!:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had that offer and booked it yesterday as well!

I have four other offers and all of the them are discounts on paying for a room. My guess is that is not a glitch but rather a result of lower play though getting the NYE offer given that's the only comped offer seems really strange. And I'm Piazza Gold.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice score on the NYE tourney.

I checked just now... and the hidden offer problem is back. :mad: Soooo happy (not!), haven't seen that problem in a while. :rolleyes2:

On the "Tier Level & Points" page i see "18 Exclusive Offers Available" but if I go to my Offers page, I see only 16 offers. I do not have the NYE slot tournament offer, so I guess that must be one of the hidden offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.