1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vacation rentals?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

We're supposed to be headed to the Deal's Gap area of NC and TN in Sept. It's a couple's motorcycle trip. I know I said I wasn't doing couple's trips but, it's a long story.

Anyhow...I'm looking at airbnb, timeshare rentals, vacation rentals. That kind of thing.

I'm doing OK with airbnb and vacation rentals. But, I know there's a whole crapton of timeshares down there. I'm getting frustrated with looking for them and I'm sure I'm doing it wrong.

Any advice on how to crack the code with timeshare rentals?

Thanks!

2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there are any Wyndham's down there I can refer you to an eBay store that exclusively rents that brand. Junketsnjunk has 3000 transactions and 100% feedback. I have rented from this guy 4 times in Atlantic City and never had an issue.

You might check out other eBay stores offering timeshare rentals. I have always used PayPal and within a day after the transaction is concluded I call the resort to confirm my name is on the reservation.

I just rented a time share in Hilton Head through Hotels dot com. It was a place that we stayed in 10 years ago and it was awesome. Also check out Booking dot com as they rent out timeshares.

You can also go through Redweek, although I've never rented from this site. I have also looked on a site Timeshare Users Group, they have a marketplace for sale and rental of timeshares.

Never answer the phone in your unit, it will be an offer tour the property. If I want to own a timeshare, I would buy it on the secondary market.

• Love Love x 1
  3. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    vrbo.com. We've used it for scores of properties all over the U.S. and Canada, and have used a similar web-based service overseas.

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to both of you. Good info. I appreciate the help!

No, I don't own a timeshare. Every few years I go back and forth about maybe getting a "used" one.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually saw that tripadvisor is doing vacation rentals too.

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I think about the same thing, buying on the resale market. I just saw a 3 bedroom unit in Hilton Head, SC that sold on eBay for $400, it was a floating week, and the annual maintenance fee was $1500.

7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the annual fee that stops me.

8. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    With timeshares there is no single truth. If it works for folks, great. If not, great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.