1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Using Spouse's Comp Offers - How?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Royal Flusher, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Quad Queen often gets better offers than I do. But I often visit Vegas solo.

I'm wondering if the new kiosks would make it possible to book one of her offers and use it myself. Do you have to put ID into the kiosk? Could I use my own credit card if that's what it's booked under?

Or what other ways could this be done, like at Wynncore for example?

Anyone done this?

2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are good until they follow the rules and ask for both players card and id with a photo when redeeming (whether a room, dinner, or free play).
    I would have a back up plan.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question. Someone needs to test this out pronto. If you can check-in at a kiosk and all you need is the credit card that was given at the time of the reservation, that'd be fantastic if you didn't have a huge slug of freeplay.

Freeplay, at MLife and CET you have to get it activated in person. But almost no doubt you'd be able to get away with doing room service to use any resort credit on the offer.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  4. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s time to have her start using your players card when she gambles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want both of your comps when you are out in Vegas alone and someone asks for ID, you are pretty much hosed if they follow the rules and don't accept "my wife is asleep" or some other excuse. Never tried it; don't know if an excuse would even work when they actually ask for ID (shouldn't work, but who knows...).

If you don't want to combine play under one card (which only seems to be an issue when I drop the Mrs. RonC card on the table instead of my own...and not at all on the slot floor; I don't play at the bar enough to know if it is or isn't an issue...), perhaps simply flipping cards, as quoted--you use hers, she uses yours--would get you the better comps.

6. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your accounts are linked with MLIFE you can use each other's offers. Or at least that was my experience at Aria a couple years ago. Booked my husbands offer on a trip without him. Got the resort credit just wasn't allowed his freeplay.

7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Wynn, no go.
    you need to check in in person, and then go to Red Card booth in person to get anything.

8. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She plays on my MILF card so I get the better offers there. Wynn, though, she gets way better offers. And the one I can't figure out is the Nugget. She hasn't done anything except play the bit of freeplay you get for walking in the door from time to time and bolt for the last two years. And she gets way better offers than I, who have stayed there solo the last couple of times.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That really IS a head-scratcher! Have you two been guests of GN when she played or did she walk-in without staying there and played? Maybe without having the room tied to her play, she continues to have offers? I only say this because I believe that is what is happening at the D for me. I haven't stayed there in a few years and have been using my fsp and food comps and only playing like an hour or two at most per trip. My offer hasn't changed in YEARS.

10. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at GN solo, and other times, we've done a walk-in, play the freeplay, and walk out. I don't think she's officially stayed there in a couple of years.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you use a kiosk, you can simply have her ID and a credit card in her name.
    However for COMP offers they might not allow this and MAKE YOU go to the desk...
    Although at Linq a while back, we were able to check in on a comped offer completely using the Kiosk, so in theory I could have just had my wife’s ID and CC and no one would have been the wiser

• Like Like x 1
  12. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gave up trying to figure out the Golden Nugget and their comps. I only stayed there one night a year ago. Played through $9K 100% slots. I got offers for free or discounted rooms. Maybe $25 in free play and a lot of invites to Blackjack events, even though I dont play tables and I certainly shouldnt have been coded as a table player there for any reason.

My kid Brother played there for 2 hours and did almost $2K. 3 nights comped and $50 in free play and slot tourneys.

As for using the machine to checkin on someone elses offers, I have seen the ones at Harrahs & Flamingo broken a couple times. Flamingo they even had bags pulled over them last year and Harrahs just had theirs shut off. Not sure I would risk my vacation on the hopes that a kiosk should be working

13. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [QUOTE="Grid, post: 1689234, member: 19055"

As for using the machine to checkin on someone elses offers, I have seen the ones at Harrahs & Flamingo broken a couple times. Flamingo they even had bags pulled over them last year and Harrahs just had theirs shut off. Not sure I would risk my vacation on the hopes that a kiosk should be working[/QUOTE]

@Royal Flusher Could you try it at one property, but double-book at another under your name? Might be worth it - depending on the offer, but I agree with @Grid that it wouldn't be worth being left assed-out for a hotel.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.