1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Update, on my new bed.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by MGinCO, Sep 14, 2020.

1. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, gotta love Fedex!
    And yes, I gave a good rating to the WalMart CS agent. I know it wasnt his fault.

Oh for Petes sake...now the tracking says the box MAY be here today. That the barcode label was unreadable and replaced.

I think i will start drinking when i first get up. Ha. Mimosa's, anyone?

2. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wel, well...both pieces are here!
    Thank you Fedex and Costco!
    I forgive Fedex for getting me all riled up.

Maybe i will be sleeping on new bed tonight. The kittys will like it, for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  3. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you sleep well @MGinCO and wake up rejuvenated!!

4. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heard the Encore is a good place for this

5. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 2 year bucket list of downsizing from a King to a Queen bed is COMPLETE. I estimate total cost to be about $1100, for frame, mattress, box spring, and linens. All was new, with the exception of the walnut frame, which I got as a bargain for $250!

Here is Hercules, easy fold metal frame, before I got it hauled up 14 stairs.
    20200915_132013.jpg

Here is the end result:
    20200915_195439.jpg
    Even with the 4in low profile box spring, it is higher than my previous bed. I am so glad I did not order the 9in profile box. I still have to boost myself up a little, but it would have been so much worse w/the 9in.

Happy dreams, I hope.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to let us know how the new bed is working out for you. It seems that tracking info has been wishy washy lately for us too. A few packages will say they have been delivered when they have not. Then they will show up the next day or two. A few weeks ago the package was listed as unable to be delivered because our house was unreachable due to safety reasons - as in blocked off. The message also said to contact the vendor because the package would be returned. I went to the post office to make sure this information was correct. We had no construction, electrical, plumbing etc going on our street at all. The clerk apologized and said several residents in my delivery area had been in to the post office. Seems they gave my postal lady and her substitute the same day off. No one was available to deliver the mail and they did not realize it until it was too late. I thanked him - actually impressed to see them own up to the mistake. Although the USPS website listed a different mistake and made me panic a little bit.

I have to laugh now at the USPS unofficial motto: Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. I'm not criticizing -- I have excellent mail delivery. My mail lady used to be yapping all the time on her phone while delivering the mail. It used to get the dogs riled up. She did not have a soft voice and we have a front porch mailbox. She no longer does this. I never complained but maybe some others did.

40th Wedding Anniversary if we make it that long
  7. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I was actually shocked when the box spring came yesterday, they were telling me next week. (as for mail delivery times, used to mail a card to WI and get there in 3 days, now its 6!)

BTW, the mattress is a Sealy Response Firm from Costco, on sale $400, usually $550.
    (I priced this same mattress every where else over $500+)
    They delivered the mattress up to my bedroom, and hauled away the 24 yr old King mattress!
    Gotta love Costco!

8. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are tough, I'm glad your got your stuff. I hope I never get on the wrong side or you. The one I haven't seen.

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cute.

I got a new bed. Inherited a captain's double bed with 6 drawers (3 on each side). I'm going for an eclectic, vintage "grandma died" vibe in here anyway. So, without measuring, I bought a double bed mattress and box set. It's about 3 feet tall in total. I should probably get a stool but I've figured out a few ways to kinda throw myself in it.

10. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love your walnut bed! Hope you get lots of comfy zzzz’s :snore::snore::snore:

11. smooth899

smooth899 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in desperate need of a new mattress. I've decided I'm going mattress shopping this weekend. One of my least favorite things to do...probably why I've been putting it off for the last 5 years lol.

12. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Oghuman...you don't want too! HAHA
    Without my meds, I can get VERY VERY MOODY!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  13. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smooth,I went to one store, a Sear Outlet when it was almost 100 degrees. That was it!
    I laid on their Sealy firm, it was comparable to the one I eventually got from Costco, and Costco was still cheaper.