1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upcoming WSOP Trip

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by bribhoy, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My long-awaited trip will start tomorrow (Saturday) when my wife and I fly to Vegas from London. It's an 11 hour flight, but through a combination of air miles and a free companion ticket, we've been able to book BA business class, to have a more relaxing flight experience.

Prior experience has taught me that there is no point in starting to play WSOP poker as soon as I arrive, since I start to get badly zoned in mid to late afternoon. We have started taking an acclimatization period and this year, that means a few days trekking in the Grand Canyon. We leave for Arizona on Sunday and get back to Vegas next Thursday. We've also booked to see Mel Brooks on Friday night, so can't start any multi-day tourneys before Saturday, one week after arrival.

Also, we are going to be hotel hopping as I have maximised comps for this trip. In total, I have Linq, Caesars, Wynn, Aria, Rio and Bellagio on my itinerary. Free is always good, and this helps my poker roll.

So far, I've only registered for event #67, the NLHE/PLO Mixed $1,500 but I will be playing a few other tournaments, and will attempt to satty into the Main. My wife plays as well, so I'll also keep the thread updated on her progress. I'm planning a Trip Report for the TR section, but will also try to post memorable hands in here from time to time. I will be as brutally honest with myself as I can and post those hands warts and all, even when I know I have made a mistake.

Fingers crossed!
    Bri

• Like Like x 2
  2. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ What happens in Vegas is put on VMB forever

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of Cards!

3. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    although I am not a good poker player, I love following the WSOP. many years ago, when it was at it's peak, I went to Vegas with a friend that was in the main event. he won his $10,000 entry fee through a tournament in Florida. he did not finish in the money, but in the upper 25% of entrants. pretty good IMO.
    keep us posted!

4. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck, and Run Deep.

5. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kill em!

6. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the good wishes. Boarding delay in London but now safely ensconced upstairs on the 747 waiting for a take off slot. As I mentioned, only one night in Vegas until next Thursday so a delay before poker starts getting reported.

Cheers
    Bri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.