1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Ultimate X - Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by JosieCat, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seeing how I will be using my corporate offer for my October stay, my options are open for M Life properties. I am considering a stay at MB or Delano instead of at MGM. I haven't stayed there for a very long time, and haven't actually even made the trip that far South for quite a few years.

One of the reasons I chose MGM over Bellagio is that they have Ultimate X in many denominations - including nickels and dimes. Bellagio, at least all I've ever seen - starts at quarters.

Can anyone tell me about the Ultimate X machines at MB?

Anything on the property itself. I'm looking at the Executive King Suite at MB vs. the Scenic Suite at the Delano. I can actually get the Vista suite at MB or the Penthouse at Delano - but don't like to take something my play won't pay for :).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Sister Trip - New Dates (Again)
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no info on Ultimate X.

The Executive King at MB has an interesting layout with the sofa tucked away in a little alcove. I think that room will feel a little more spacious than the Scenic Suite at Delano, which is a nice room, but the same SF is broken up into two rooms. Lying on the bed at night in the Scenic Suite is pretty cool though, if you get one on the inside corners.

I wouldn't have any qualms whatsoever about taking the Vista or Penthouse suites if they were being offered - if you're getting "over-offered" due to a high play trip or an MLife fluke, underplaying it shouldn't hurt you going forward, your offers will just fall back to where they should be.

Take the baller suite and throw a damn party. :drunk:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback Chuck. I was leaning more towards the Delano as the pictures of the scenic suite showed a Keurig. I really don't mind it being in 2 rooms.

You know, I've had some really nice suites and I just don't do them justice. I don't spend much time in the room, and it is just me. Mostly I like suites simply because they are usually quieter as the door to the hallway is usually in the living room portion of the suite. But thanks for the chuckle :).

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take the Scenic Suite then. The bedroom is completely isolated except from upstairs.

5. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try to get a scenic suite in the 800s with a strip view. (Odd numbers i.e. 37815) . You can lie in bed and see the strip from one window and watch airplanes land from the other window. You really should consider the vista suite also. They are gorgeous, freshly redone, and the views are spectacular. They are a long walk from the elevators - sometimes the only exercise I get for the day is back and forth to the suite.

6. sometimeslucky

sometimeslucky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are two nickel on up Ultimate X machines near the bar across from House of Blues. There are also a couple of nickel Multistrike machines in the same area.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to squeeze this down a little further, and assuming they're still using the same numbering scheme (and that I remember it correctly).

Room numbers 916 and 815 are the Scenic suites on the inside corners. Those are the ones you want.
    815 is a little better than 916

917 and 814 (it may actually be 816) are on the outside corners.
    917 is a little better than 814/816

8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, that's exactly why I love staying at the Delano, it's always quiet. I pretty much just breeze through the living area.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great news. I think I'm going to book Delano.

Thanks @Chuck2009x and @Elf70 for the additional info on which one to ask for. I'm going to print this and put it in my trip file.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Parkermama102

Parkermama102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was leaning more towards the Delano as the pictures of the scenic suite showed a Keurig.[/QUOTE]

Our basic room at MB had a Keurig--we brought our own pods & paper cups. We really liked MB!

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our basic room at MB had a Keurig--we brought our own pods & paper cups. We really liked MB![/QUOTE]

Good Information. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure that @Royal Flusher has recently played 6/5 Bonus for 3 play nickels (98.01% w/UX strategy) at MB. That will be one of the best nickel games period.

7/5 Bonus UX strategy can be found here. 6/5 is virtually identical.

https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/ultimate-x/bonus-poker/

DDB will be a worse paytable at nickel/dime for sure. 6/5 Bonus > 8/5 DDB. But I know that people love DDB crack, so here is the strategy that works well for all DDB with a flush of 5 for 1.

8/5 DDB Strategy

And if the UX strategy is too confusing (holding 3 flushes can suck), playing standard VP only costs you about 0.6% return, so it not a huge deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.