1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Uber Select: Car experiences?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Multifarious5, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love Bell Limo share, but I feel a bit guilty splurging on the Limo share with such great Uber prices. (The limo share is still a great deal, but Uber is drastically better price wise.)

Soooooooo, I was considering a compromise...Uber Select on our way in, and standard Uber on the way out. So, more expensive than basic uber all the way, but less than bell limo.

Has anyone tried Uber Select in Vegas, and if so, what type of car showed up? We love just a basic town car...we don't need anything over the top, but I'd also regret spending the upgrade if it didn't feel a LITTLE bit luxurious. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i cant answer your question, but i think that sounds like a great idea.

3. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.ridesharingdriver.com/whats-the-difference-between-uberx-xl-uberplus-and-black-car/

I looked it up out of curiousity, and my car qualifies for uber select, a 2011 Infiniti G37. BMW 3 series and Audi A4 also qualify.

These are nice sports sedans, but all on the small side. Id rather be in an Accord or Camry personally, much roomier.

Because of this, uber select doesn't really seem worth it too me. You are basically paying more for a car that has a better engine and leather seats, but could easily be as small or smaller than an uber x car.

If you want to upgrade, i would go all the way and check out uber black, but that may very well cost close to what a limo does. But you would at least be guaranteed a full size, flagship luxury sedan with a professional driver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not think Uber black is in Vegas. It is not here in Tampa. Uber select is considered to be Uber black

5. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For reference, Uber lists what kinds of cars are available in each city. In Vegas's case, that's: https://www.uber.com/cities/las-vegas/

Select is just as grosx2 suggested, an upscale but not especially large sedan. Uber Black is the closest to what you're looking for...think Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7 Series, etc. Your luxurious AND large sedans. Unfortunately, that level is not available in Vegas, and grosx2 is also correct for saying that Uber X often leads to a roomier mid-sized car rather than the smaller, sportier 3 Series type of thing.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fyi - did regular Uber in Nashville recently. Got a Nissan Cube. Damn that thing was small.

7. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    got a BMW I think it was an I-6 ,all leather interior, overall nice experience Did the free ride via AmEX well worth it

8. starlight0229

starlight0229 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did an Uber Select ride from the airport to Bellagio in December (used the American Express promotion as well) and the vehicle was a Chevy Tahoe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Hot Dogs and Buns

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done Uber Select three times in Vegas (all within the same week in December 2016) and all 3 times it was an Audi A4 (different vehicle/drivers every time).

10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the insight. I think I am just going to put on my big girl pants and stick to basic uber. We're splurging enough on the trip I don't need to splurge on a 15 minute ride. (Or if I DO splurge, I'll go bell limo share....about the same price as select and we KNOW we like it)

Again, great feedback on select, and thanks! :)

11. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have never done select, however last trip in vegas we used uber twice (even though we had a car) and both times regular uber. Ended up with a dodge avenger and an infinity qx56.

Attached Files:

12. Rotty

Rotty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pay for a "premium" car and get an Audi A4, oh my :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.