1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

U.S. Open at Chambers

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they only give you words not images, and you don't have all day to get those words out, then the coverage indeed is more vibrant. Good call on that one.

That jack-of-all/master-of-none patter is certainly asinine. He actually putts exceedingly well, and he hits solid irons with a mix of ball flights and trajectories. He's pretty bullet-proof around the greens. And it's not like he's short/crooked Luke Donald off the tee.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brain not included on this one.

Seriously though why do we only ever see her in profile?

Because she's really ugly as sin. At least Erin Andrews is decent to look at and does a half decent job at reporting.

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, when Holly was doing that "playing with the pros" thing on the golf channel I loved to watch her swing and didn't really care what was said, ha ha. Yeah, unfortunately many of us think with the wrong head but I do agree, she looked uncomfortable giving interviews and didn't seem to have the right questions and conversations. She needs to get better or they need to replace her.

You do know that Jordan 3 putted the 17th hole? Not often that players who 3 putt can win tournaments but it just shows how difficult the greens were on many holes.

I wonder if they (CB) could host a regular tournament there (doubtful). Also wonder if the top golfers would show up to play if they did have a regular tournament there. I know that many golfers berated the course even before the tournament so I doubt CB would be able to draw the top golfers, plus the course was not really made to be a spectator's course.

I'm not a good golfer so I wouldn't even think about playing this course ever. I would probably play at Pebble and Spyglass and St. Andrews (if I could get on) before I would even consider playing at CB, but that is just me.

4. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pebble is survivable for all. It's weather and how they're keeping the rough that makes it tough, though. And folks going Pacifico on the bluff holes. Oh, and that 14th green (flop shot of my life, tyvm). That second shot at #8 is still the best single shot I can think of that I've experienced in this crazy game. Of course it is $500 plus caddie plus mandatory night or two stay at about $600 per most times of the year -- unless you catch one of the day-before bookings. Spyglass is nasty. Hard. Way hard. Brutal. Can't comment on SA. But any place that favors the ground game is better for John Q than Dye Aerial Assault Golf Club.

Chambers doesn't look like that when not hosting a USGA championship. Player went all batshitz on it and I doubt he's ever been on the ground. I'll say it time and time again, play the correct tees and you won't need six-dozen balls. The driving corridors are immense and the ball can be rolled into most every par 4 and par 5.

The top players will show up anywhere the big check comes with a digit and six zeroes behind it and a MB loaner car for the week. Look at all the courses on tour they hate, yet show up year after year. And if you are talking a "regular" event as in tour event, the tour staff would have it all perfect and prim for those pampered babies. And while it might've been hard for Amy Mickelson to get around, the Horschels of the world will show up for that aforementioned check and courtesy car, and to hell with the spectators.

5. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree on EA doing a decent job reporting.

6. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He may not be the longest driver of the ball but here's one stat that pretty much explains why he's been doing so well. Number 1 in scoring.

Stats.jpg

7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. Nit-picking Spieth's game? Nothing against, for instance, Fowler, but the golf cognoscenti has been blowing him for years, and he has exactly the same number of career wins as Spieth has successive majors. Holes in his game? Please. He might not get to the end of the line and have Rory numbers, I doubt he'll have Tiger numbers, he could have Watson or even Nicklaus numbers. And it doesn't matter. Let's just let it play out. The guy -- kid -- can flat move the rock and get it done. Let's just enjoy it. Enjoy it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.