1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

U.S. Open at Chambers

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Real golfers don't care about ratings as I've been told.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what you get with a continental country. The USGA starts things by-the-clock local time. Or out here, this is what we call just desserts. lol

3. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think just the opposite. Outside of majors, I (eastern time zone) watch more golf in the winter from Hawaii and the west coast swing than I do once it heads east. Prime time golf is a rarity. I can put in my full day activities and then come home, have dinner and plop myself on the couch!

In the summer and fall I would much rather spend my weekend afternoons outdoors than indoors in front of the tube.

4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a finish!

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a terrible finish.

6. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But who would have expected that to happen

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was possible. I thought Johnson was stupid to let Jason Day putt out.

I thought it was a fun tourney to watch overall though.

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't usually yell at the TV but I made an exception tonight. DJ just gave the tournament away along with my bet slip. DJ could have been a solid 8 shots lower if he putted like he did the previous 3 days. DJ struck the ball fantastically today but putted like me.

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did. I said before he hit it that there was a better chance he 3 putts than makes the eagle putt.

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DJ at the helm? Most everyone.

11. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Actually, the opposite is the case. Golf ratings are higher in prime time.

12. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Johnson didn't deserve to win, that's for sure, he could have sowed it up earlier but kept missing and missing reasonable putts. Speith made a few and didn't screw up too bad(the 17th being the exception), he deserved it. Just imagine if oosthuizen hadn't played with tiger and had all those bad shots rub off on him? He would have taken it most likely, then you got Rory, who played poorly the first 3 days and still finished top 10, when you can play bad and still be there, you're pretty good.

13. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When Spieth was 3 up thru 16 I figured he had it in the bag. Next thing you know Spieth doubles 17, Oousthuizen birdies 18 and DJ birdies 17 and everybody is tied at -4. Good for Spieth to birdie 18 and put the pressure on Dustin. Dustin played that hole as well as you could on his first two shots but made a mess of it once he got to the green. I didn't really expect Dustin to make the eagle putt, but I figured he'd baby it up there with an outside shot of making it and settle for the birdie and the tie.

14. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think of it as a true test of mental and physical fitness. As for the course, play it as it lies (when it stops rolling) and use a putter with a little loft. I didn't care for Fox "snooping" with its mikes, for example the time it captured Spieth's criticism of a hole that had just foiled him. That's different from Billy's horseshit, which was said for publication. If pampered millionaires want to bitch into the microphone, let them run for political office.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  15. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, Tiger didn't even make the cut, but you couldn't resist bashing him anyway, could you?

16. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or you could say Rory needed a 66 to finish even and tiger and had all those bad shots rub off on him stuff? Really? That doesn't say much for Oosthuizen if you rally think that. I don't.

17. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bad enough to have choke on the last hole of the us open but to come off and have to face your (quasi-in law) Wayne Gretzky, maybe the most successful pro athlete that ever lived. Damn talk about depression, where's that big sharp kitchen knife when you need it.

18. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woohooo!

[​IMG]

Now I just have to get to Vegas to collect!

19. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tiger didn't make the cut because of all his terrible, not bad shots, that's not bashing him even a little. That first day tiger and ricky clearly effected each other, and oozy was right there, matching them poor shot for poor shot. It's not uncommon for both good and bad play to be "catching".

As for tiger, just think, he corrected his chipping "yips" pretty much completely, yet still almost finished last pre cut, Tiger has a few problems to work on...driving, chipping, putting, and his mental soundness...other than that he's fine.

20. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the final round of this tournament and I appreciate a course that challenges and rewards the world's best to stay on the fairway, but when they do hit the greens... I prefer that they putt on a surface that showcases their skills, not something that resembles the surface of the moon!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.