1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TSA Pre Check

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by joespoolhall, Mar 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip coming up and I'm finally getting around to getting pre check. My last trip coming back from LV only took about 15 min standing in line and getting through the check point. Leaving SeaTac was a little different though. First I walked in line for twenty minutes before showing my boarding pass and ten minutes later I was done. $85 for five years is a deal. If you only fly once a year, it works out to only $8.50 each way for pre check. If you fly even few times a years it'll cost less than Starbucks! My appointment is Mon at 1:10.

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got my 2nd Global Entry/TSA Precheck renewed last month. Best $100 for 5 years I’ve ever spent. You’ll be very pleased.

Just a getaway! On the Gulf Coast—
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK- might have to rethink this!

4. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep best $85 dollars I've spent. Last few trips through McCarron were absolutely a breeze. Dropped bag at curbside and walked right up to TSA Precheck lane. There were very few people in Precheck lane and through security in a minute or two.

Our home airport is Midway(Chicago). TSA Pre really cuts down on the time getting through security there. I always seemed to get behind a person or family that was totally clueless on the procedure before I was TSA Pre.

The process of getting TSA Precheck was easy too. I think I was able to get an appointment to present my documents almost immediately after I filled out the online application. After filing my documentation, I had my KTN later that day.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is TSA precheck the highest level you can get?

I am starting to travel a decent amount now that the gf and I are out of college and our biggest complaint of every trip is the airport lines!

6. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gotten the Pre a few times leaving Vegas and it sure seems those are some very long lines! Or am I misremembering.....?

7. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not only is Pre-Check well worth it (about $1 per flight for me), but I'd even do Clear if it were more widely available at both airports and sports venues.

8. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Chase Sapphire credit card reimburses you for both of these. Guessing some other travel CCs do as well.

9. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stuck living in a backward, small airport town. I was able to get the TSA pre-check about 2 years ago but would have needed to travel 3 hrs to get global so I didn't get it. My sister just retired and moved to France. That wasn't even on the radar 2 years ago. I'm spoiled now and can't imagine an overseas trip worrying about lines.

10. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm getting mine this year too!
    You have to renew from the date started correct? It's not like stupid fishing licenses where if you buy a year fishing license in November it expires in January right?

11. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me the best perks of Pre Check is not taking off your shoes and not having to remove electronics from luggage! Yes, please!!!!! The lines sometimes are very equal in my experience...but those two gems I stated above are priceless.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shoes, yes. Belts, yes. Some airports might make you take iPad or computer out. No rhyme or reason, but sometimes they do. Usually is true if real early flight and precheck is not open yet and you are sent to regular line. Very rare.

Just a getaway! On the Gulf Coast—
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I still haven't gotten mine and I get the fee waved by way of my CC benefits. I need to get off my lazy arse!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t know if you guys have tried clear ? They have kiosk at the airport that scan your thumb print and eyes and. They walk right you right to where they scan your ticket. Only thing is that it’s pricy but you get the first three months free to try.

15. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When my daughter stated she was going to relocate to California from NJ ( for med school #proudmom) Precheck was my first order of business. Like others, I feel it was the best 85 bucks I've spent in a long time!

16. Headache 21

Headache 21 i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys'r'us kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Precheck pays for itself in about 3 flights. Everyone should get it

17. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got mine thru my United credit card. Free is always better.

My only issue is that I've been "randomly" selected for additional screening of my carry on 2 out of the 3 times I've used it. I guess I just look shady or am just that lucky

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    our home airport is Jfk and the jetblue tsa pre-check is great, saves a lot of time. Just came back from Orlando with precheck in about 10 minutes when the regular was at least 40-45 minutes. Never would do MCO without precheck.

19. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The preferred or reserved card??

20. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got TSA Precheck through the NEXUS card that allows expedited movement between US/Canadian borders. Getting to breeze through security and customs most of the time is priceless... and like Tee said, so is not having to remove electronics from your bag or take off your shoes.

The only thing you have to constantly keep in mind is that you MUST notify them of certain changes in your information, such as a new passport, change of address, etc... you only get three chances, and then you're barred from the program for life.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.