1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Trying to get cutesy with some comp room redemption at Mirage

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by WolfpackRobNC, Jul 29, 2021.

1. WolfpackRobNC

WolfpackRobNC Medium-roller??

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone..... I've been reading all through this forum and tried to search up my question before asking it, but could not find it, so here goes....

I'm taking Mrs. Wolfpack for her first ever Vegas trip in April. Currently, we have a paid reservation at the Mirage, our trip is checking in on a Wednesday and out on a Monday. I've got a boatload of MyVegas points, more than $2M. The two night comp award keeps popping up, so I figure that's easy to snag. I should go ahead and get that, right? You have 90 days to redeem an award, but the redemption can be for a stay in the future correct? I realize I'll probably need a new, separate reservation for the comp.

Anyway, obviously the two night award isn't over a weekend, so that's Wed/Thurs of our trip. I'd like to use my other premium awards on show tickets and such. But the following thought occurred to me - Mirage has relatively low point values for free nights.

Could I have my wife sign up for MyVegas/MLife, start to play on her iPad and then get enough points for the just the one comp night award we'd use Sunday, even if we had to have a stand alone reservation?

That way the week looks like -

Wed/Thurs - my comp
    Fri/Sat - paid
    Sun - her comp

I've tried to find the fine print to see if there's anything about "people in the same party" and comp rooms, but I can't find anything.

It surely can't be this easy can it? I have to be missing something obvious or some fine print somewhere.

Thanks for the help.

Taking My Wife's Vegas Virginity Trip
  2. mgvegas

mgvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 90 day redemption means you have 90 days from purchase to make a booking, but the date you stay can be any available date in the calendar. You could even add the paid Friday and Saturday on to your 2 comp nights when you make that reservation.

As long as the Wed/Thurs (for you) and Sunday (for her) are available on the calendar there should be no problem. I would make sure she has enough points and can see the comp night reward available before cancelling anything you already have booked on Sunday.

At check in the front desk agent should be able to merge your reservations so you won't have to check out and switch rooms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing to worry about. I've done this countless times with me and my wife booking back-to-back reservations and several other times with friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WolfpackRobNC

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks!

5. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I have that correct, the stay is April? The available dates right now is only through Sept. It seems to be a quarterly update that happens a few weeks before the end.

You might be able to get the Friday comped. Not sure how it'd be in April but right now Saturdays aren't available but most Fridays are.

Also, I think you can get the fixed weekend/midweek rate reward and chain it to the comp one. Has anyone done this?

6. WolfpackRobNC

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @midliferetired - Yeah, the stay is in April. I just scrolled down through the fine print in the 2 night reward within the app and caught what you are talking about. It clearly says - "Travel window through September 30, 2021, Booking window through September 30, 2021."

I'm going to have to watch these. If they only do them quarterly, then April is the start of another quarter which means I can't line up these rewards until just before my trip. :rolleyes2: I really hope that's not the case. I don't mind waiting until January or so. I need a few months to build up the points for the free night on my wife's account.

Also - can anyone give me a refresher on where I find out the number of premium awards I am eligible to spend in 30 days at my level? I've clicked all through the rewards part of the app and can't seem to find it. I don't think I'm at 4 premiums, I'm pretty sure I'm at 4, but I see no listings either way. Thanks!

7. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you're in the rewards section, click on a premium reward and then hit next. You don't have to intend to purchase it. The number of rewards you are eligible for should show up in the description section.

8. WolfpackRobNC

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Catzilla - Actually that didn't work. When I hit next, it asks me for my name and email and to "confirm 150,000" - in this case the price of that reward.

9. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did it look like this? See in the middle where it says Players are limited to 4 Premium Rewards. Did yours say 3 or 4?

edit to add...not sure where else it shows up. I get 4, so I thought it would change for each person according to eligibility.

Screenshot (161).png

10. WolfpackRobNC

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Catzilla I didn't get any of that language. But I'm also doing it on on my phone. Maybe that's the difference. I'll try it on FB in a little bit. Thanks!